Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Couldn't find the bunting stats, but I would venture to guess there's an average across college baseball around 2 bunts per game. Personally if I were a college coach, I would bunt a bit less than some of the current coaches do (reserved for only against top pitchers in mid-late innings in a 1 or 2 run game).

Also, one of the most exciting plays in sports is a suicide squeeze.

I watch nearly 150 MLB games a year too. Both are good for different reasons. Baseball is just awesome.
I’m happy to know other people love baseball too but I don’t know how you can watch college ball, other than Nebraska I haven’t watched a single game & the only time I would is the CWS.

Listening to the Dean Sports Machine the other day and Abby said they are going after this girl she's from Omaha. Apparently they only have Jordyn and some freshman for pitchers. This was before the news on the twins coming back though.

Jeezus, if we can bring her back, Holy Schnikes. Might have a contender on our hands.

Last edited:
I’m happy to know other people love baseball too but I don’t know how you can watch college ball, other than Nebraska I haven’t watched a single game & the only time I would is the CWS.
I'm just addicted to the game. College football is crazy fun, even though the athletes aren't near as good. Same thing to me.

To be fair, I only watch a handful of not Nebraska games until regionals. Then I obsess over it hahaha, more than March Madness

Sears to that freshman

will ferrell popcorn GIF

Jeezus, if we can bring her back, Holy Schnikes. Might have a contender on our hands.
She's a legacy so there's a chance. Grandpa was an All-American at Nebraska, is in the College Football Hall of Fame and finished in the top 10 of the Heisman Trophy voting in 1967. Her dad walked on at Nebraska and then went to Wyoming became a starter but ended up with a career ending injury there.

Unfortunately grandpa was killed in an airplane crash at 41. Luckily Jr switched planes or he would have been killed too. From 2011 -

She's a legacy so there's a chance. Grandpa was an All-American at Nebraska, is in the College Football Hall of Fame and finished in the top 10 of the Heisman Trophy voting in 1967. Her dad walked on at Nebraska and then went to Wyoming became a starter but ended up with a career ending injury there.

Unfortunately grandpa was killed in an airplane crash at 41. Luckily Jr switched planes or he would have been killed too. From 2011 -
Ya, I just found out who grandpa was. How did she get away the first time?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back