Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Stillwater Regional
Oklahoma State baseball
© SARAH PHIPPS/THE OKLAHOMAN / USA TODAY NETWORK
1. Oklahoma State (11)
2. Nebraska
3. Florida
4. Niagara

Florida making the tournament has drawn plenty of criticism, but now that they are here, they are capable of making some noise. That doesn’t mean that they will, though, and they don’t have an easy matchup against a strong Nebraska team. Both Oklahoma State and Nebraska have strong pitching staffs, and for that reason we predict them to meet in the regional final. It should be a good battle, and perhaps a low scoring one, but we’re going to ride with Nebraska.

Prediction: Nebraska over Oklahoma State

Dude why are you in this thread?
Because I’ve watched basically every Husker baseball game & went to the majority of the home games? I can still recognize college sports aren’t even close to the level of skill and athleticism as pros.

Atlanta Braves Dancing GIF by MLB

Because I’ve watched basically every Husker baseball game & went to the majority of the home games? I can still recognize college sports aren’t even close to the level of skill and athleticism as pros.
Why do you feel the need to shit all over college sports if you spend so much time watching them? I don’t think anyone has claimed that college players are better athletes than the pros, so it’s an irrelevant straw man argument.

Couldn't find the bunting stats, but I would venture to guess there's an average across college baseball around 2 bunts per game. Personally if I were a college coach, I would bunt a bit less than some of the current coaches do (reserved for only against top pitchers in mid-late innings in a 1 or 2 run game).

Also, one of the most exciting plays in sports is a suicide squeeze.

I watch nearly 150 MLB games a year too. Both are good for different reasons. Baseball is just awesome.

I hate when Bolt bunts. Ben Columbus at the plate with two on and one out and we’re suicide squeezing…. 😬😬😬

That being said, after watching so many college and high school teams fuck bunt coverage up I see why they do it.

I hate when Bolt bunts. Ben Columbus at the plate with two on and one out and we’re suicide squeezing…. 😬😬😬

That being said, after watching so many college and high school teams fuck bunt coverage up I see why they do it.
UCLA won a natty as a bunt heavy offense a few years back. At this level, the more you can get guys moving in the field, the more likely you are to win.

UCLA won a natty as a bunt heavy offense a few years back. At this level, the more you can get guys moving in the field, the more likely you are to win.

I see the logic behind why some teams decide to do it at the college level and below. I think the analytics at the major league level suggest you shouldn’t do it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back