Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2023 Nebraska Baseball Thread (4 Viewers)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
We need Rob Vaughn to exit the conference for an SEC job asap. He’s building a dynasty up there in College Park

He’s a Texas boy who played at K-State i doubt he stays in the Northeast forever

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Olson and Kaminska going pro? Or do they just not want to be here
Olson was a top 150 prospect before his struggles down the stretch but might drop a few rounds now if he were to go pro.

It’s a weak college starting pitching class though so might be a good year to leave early even if he were to raise his stock next year by improving.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Olson and Kaminska going pro? Or do they just not want to be here

Olson's think he'll be drafted high enough. His dad publicly posted on May 20, "And Bam just like that Emmett just finished his last regular season college game in his career"...... "Emmett finishing up his college career and looking forward to the draft". Emmett has no leverage returning and his (divorced) parents are loaded.

Kaminska was always a 1 and done so it'll either be sign with someone or go to work in the real world. Also, I don't think he graduated as some credits didn't transfer from Wichita State and it'll take another 3 semesters so he'll finish up at a Technical School while working if not MLB. I don't know any details of the credits, etc. The 5% chance I put is just in case NIL comes thru as the family has some strains that can change their decision. Unlikely but never know.

There's a surprise that should come out today or the next couple days, an underclassmen with an important role this year. Done with baseball all together.

I think Perry is done, his GF has been telling everyone they signed an apartment lease in Omaha. IMO, time to move on as he has no future playing the game. Bunz is a strange one with multiple rumors; "Sign as a FA", "All his friends he came in with are gone so transferring to somewhere warmer" & "coming back".

We need Rob Vaughn to exit the conference for an SEC job asap. Building a dynasty up there in College Park

He’s a Texas boy who played at K-State i doubt he stays in the Northeast forever

Missouri and Vaughn are a hot topic.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
There's a surprise that should come out today or the next couple days, an underclassmen with an important role this year. Done with baseball all together.
Corbin Hawkins. This sucks, I thought he did pretty well this year

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
@PonyBoy

What do you think our pitching staff/lineup is going to look like next year

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Walsh 95% returning. Brockett 50/50. Bunz portal.

Walsh & Brockett returning.

@PonyBoy

What do you think our pitching staff/lineup is going to look like next year

Much rather answer this after the fall. We have a good group returning, to my knowledge; Carey, Evans, Swansen, Anglim, Caron, Columbus. Plus, Brumbaugh returns from injury & is someone I'm super excited about. That's 7 of 9 in the lineup. I'd like to see Bolt alternate our catchers, just like with Everitt & Roskam, as I feel Caron wore down too much as the season went on & Columbus ended up much better than many thought.

More exit meetings tomorrow, but I'm not anticipating anyone else leaving outside of a few that rarely played. OF is set for 2024 with 4 candidates so elimination by position with the rest of the roster.

Portal should be friendly to us, we have scholarship money available plus some NIL.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Walsh & Brockett returning.

Much rather answer this after the fall. We have a good group returning, to my knowledge; Carey, Evans, Swansen, Anglim, Caron, Columbus. Plus, Brumbaugh returns from injury & is someone I'm super excited about. That's 7 of 9 in the lineup. I'd like to see Bolt alternate our catchers, just like with Everitt & Roskam, as I feel Caron wore down too much as the season went on & Columbus ended up much better than many thought.

More exit meetings tomorrow, but I'm not anticipating anyone else leaving outside of a few that rarely played. OF is set for 2024 with 4 candidates so elimination by position with the rest of the roster.

Portal should be friendly to us, we have scholarship money available plus some NIL.
Will we ever see Zach Johnson get some PT? He put up some gaudy numbers in JUCO.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Will we ever see Zach Johnson get some PT? He put up some gaudy numbers in JUCO.

Last fall, he had less hits than Elton John had wives. So unless he's been injured and nobody has leaked it, I expect him to hit the portal.

I'm not aware of us having a catcher signed for this next season so maybe a redshirt was needed? I honestly don't know if he'll ever play.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
penalized for being on a shitty team, imo
Nodding Checks Out GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds