Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2023 Nebraska Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider

Interesting article from Evan.

"The lineup produced 7.5 runs per game, good for fourth in the Big Ten and 68th nationally."

"Nebraska allowed 42 runs in six weekday losses to Pickle Smoochers, Omaha, South Dakota State and North Dakota State."

Offense didn't produce a single game over 6 runs in the 6 midweek losses. Every single loss was 6 or less runs (6, 5, 5, 5, 3, 5) for an average of 4.88/game. Against that terrible competition, especially during the week, is unacceptable.

Pitching allowed 35 ER in those 6 games, which is too high against that shit competition. 5.73 ERA can't happen against those teams during the week.

On the weekend, we also lost 5 games where we gave up 5, 4, 3, 2, 4 ER. Barf.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
This is a start, maybe one more move and he might be able to keep his job.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
Oh shit. Not gonna lie. It's nice to see a head coach show a really good friend and alum the door for not reaching potential. Many of our football coaches could have learned from that.

That being said maybe Rob will want to stay in as pitching coach? I've heard he threw his name into the Wichita state job though? What's Joba up these days?

panther07

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Oh shit. Not gonna lie. It's nice to see a head coach show a really good friend and alum the door for not reaching potential. Many of our football coaches could have learned from that.

That being said maybe Rob will want to stay in as pitching coach? I've heard he threw his name into the Wichita state job though? What's Joba up these days?
The 2 schools connected to Childress (WSU and Mizzou) just hired coaches:

Former Husker Kerrick Jackson:

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I thought I had heard that Childress didn't want to coach full time, as he has a kid at Hutch that plays and he wanted to be able to watch him.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Good for him Any idea where he lands??

Not yet. He's had 5 or 6 SEC's, a few B12's, a couple B1G's including Nebraska & top end mid-majors reach out to him. I'd venture to guess ACC as well.

I thought I had heard that Childress didn't want to coach full time, as he has a kid at Hutch that plays and he wanted to be able to watch him.

In his current position, he's at every practice and home/away game so not sure when he can drive to Hutch to watch.

@PonyBoy explain what is happening and why

I'm an absolute idiot

Bolt let go of Christy, duh.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds