Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2023 Nebraska Baseball Thread (2 Viewers)

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Well yeah, but any deeper cut take? Rumored replacement? I know it's early so maybe there's nothing else

I don't have that detailed info to share. It's interesting timing after Missouri & Wichita State announce their hires though. Recruiting dead period just ended I think Monday so we're live thru late next week plus the portal. Every day counts.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Interesting article from Evan.

"The lineup produced 7.5 runs per game, good for fourth in the Big Ten and 68th nationally."

"Nebraska allowed 42 runs in six weekday losses to Pickle Smoochers, Omaha, South Dakota State and North Dakota State."

Offense didn't produce a single game over 6 runs in the 6 midweek losses. Every single loss was 6 or less runs (6, 5, 5, 5, 3, 5) for an average of 4.88/game. Against that terrible competition, especially during the week, is unacceptable.

Pitching allowed 35 ER in those 6 games, which is too high against that shit competition. 5.73 ERA can't happen against those teams during the week.

On the weekend, we also lost 5 games where we gave up 5, 4, 3, 2, 4 ER. Barf.
Felt like this team was too boom or bust.. I get that happens a lot with baseball, but vs bad teams you need to not bust and cost yourself a shot at postseason play.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
1890 should just go dicks out and offer Max and Bryce a million a piece to come back.

It would be more than they’d make going pro next year and can just go pro a year later. Win win?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
1890 should just go dicks out and offer Max and Bryce a million a piece to come back.

It would be more than they’d make going pro next year and can just go pro a year later. Win win?
Depends where they get drafted but shouldn't be terribly hard to beat.

Baseball has weird rules. Can't they get drafted and still go back to school?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds