Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

October recruiting thread (6 Viewers)

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
What I don't get about this situation is that there have been two things that Brix has consistently cited and that has been consistently referenced by writers at all of his finalist's schools - proximity to home and some sort of agricultural degree. The vibe I've gotten from him this entire time is that he is willing to go off the beaten path to find his best fit i.e. turn down a more traditional football powerhouse i.e. OU/Bama for a Nebraska/KSU. Now here we are in October, two months after he originally decided to make a decision, and he is leaning towards going to a school that is 2x further than Manhattan and over 5x than Lincoln from his home, and that school offers no sort of agriculture degree that I can find. And supposedly, the reason for this is because of on the field success for OU, which again, didn't really seem like something he was all that concerned about over the summer (at least not the to extent of most other kids).

I know this is just recruiting and we're all silly for following teenagers decisions anyways but if he commits to OU I just can't see how that is consistent with the criteria he's had since the beginning. Shit, I could understand Cockeye State sneaking in more than I could understand OU. Oh well, that's cruitin I suppose.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Don't forget about Barney
Glitch Barney GIF

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Except that we’ve starting sending out more offers and we are in a numbers crunch as it is for 2024. He doesn’t have an endless offer especially if we get some commitments from a person or two that we’ve offered.
I disagree. We've offered another DB in the 24' class as well a few days ago. Your logic would indicate we'd move on from Benning as well.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Huh? Of course I want good football players. We should’ve told Rouse we’ll pay you more than anyone else is offering. He had a bunch of P5 starts. I’m talking about the kids who aren’t seeing the field at a P5 school that want to transfer here. I’m happy to tell Kaden Helm or the kid from auburn who was at Bell West thanks but no thanks. Had your chance, you’re not playing for them after two years, why should we spend 1/85 on you? Those are the types of portal guys I don’t want to see us taking over HS kids. We shouldn’t be some sloppy seconds safety net for kids who hold an offer out of HS, go somewhere else, don’t see the field, and want back in.
I know 2 boosters who told Turd they would throw in $100,000 each for a quality Tackle or QB. How much more would we have needed to secure Rouse? Thanks 1890 for continually fucking things up, again. I'm thinking our O Line would look substantially better with him at Left Tackle over Corcoran

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Rhule (or any coaches for that matter) can't make in-home visits until after the season, I beleive.
I have to think that Rhule is going to be hell of a closer in a living room. We just have to keep these guys on board long enough to get to that point.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds