Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

November recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

COYS

Linebacker
Any intel from OSU side if they are really only taking one more DT? I feel like they are probably going to take both Jones and this UF commit and just wishful thinking on Husker fans part.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Yes the guy we turned away when we got Lacy to commit, Derek McFall
dave-chappelle-come-here.gif

Southendzonehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
We can steal all of the croots or have ours flipped but at the end of the day I just want Brix. Any news on that front besides what OU beat writers think?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Why is everyone bringing up Safeeullah? I thought he looked really good in the spring and showed a lot of promise.
But I also notice that he hasn't played at all yet this fall. Is he injured? Not living up to his potential? Just buried in a deep DB group?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Huskers continue push for 2025 QB Alex Manske​

Nebraska continues to be among most active recruiters of 2025 quarterback Alex Manske​

Mike SchaeferMIKE SCHAEFER3 hrsVIP3

2025 Algona quarterback Alex Manske continues to add interest from college programs, but it’s no longer the local schools or neighboring states as Michigan and Tennessee have entered the picture.

Manske is planning a trip to Michigan for the Ohio State game after the Wolverines offered and entered the picture.

“Things have been kind of picking up but I’m also mainly visiting with the schools I’ve got offers from and learning more about them,” he said. “Some of the newer schools like Michigan has been texting me a good amount. Tennessee has been reaching out. Other schools like that too. It’s been pretty cool.

“It’s trending toward a national recruitment which is pretty cool. I wouldn’t say there’s a huge difference, but it’s definitely cool to hear from some of these blue blood football programs.”

Nebraska has been among the most active if not the most active of the schools that had been recruiting Manske prior to the start of his junior season. The quarterback said he’s heard consistently from the Huskers and has already made five trips to Lincoln since June.

“They really like me and really want me,” he said. “It’s always cool being there. Everyone on the Nebraska staff is really cool and I love any time I get a chance to catch up with them or text or call them. I really like everyone on the staff. I’m continuing to develop relationships with different people on the staff.”

Since Manske has now been for a couple game days and he visited for the barbecue weekend in July, he’s mostly interested in seeing a practice with the Huskers.

The quarterback is hopeful that could happen in December should the Huskers qualify for a bowl.

“I’ve been to two game visits, so I think I’m going to come over for a bowl practice or something like that,” he said. “I haven’t been to a practice yet. I want to see what it is like on a non-game day. A normal day. Just see what practice is like and that would help a lot with my knowledge of things.”

Manske also took in Cockeye-Rutgers over the weekend and remains in a lot of contact with the Cockeye State staff as well.

With Algona knocked from the Cockeye playoffs, Manske has time to take some trips before basketball heats up, but other than Michigan-Ohio State the slate is bare.

“I don’t have anything else planned right now, but if something comes up, I might just go,” he said.

Manske finished with 2,498 yards and 29 touchdowns on the season.

“I think I grew a lot over the year,” he said. “Before I had like 20 touchdowns and 7 interceptions and this year I was near 30 touchdowns to just 3 interceptions. It was definitely improved. I was a lot more accurate and a lot more calm in the pocket. It was cool to see that improvement.

“Things slow down but you also pick up on smaller things as time goes on. You know a lot more so you start to look at smaller things and can just help you have overall knowledge of what is going on like defensive line fronts and being able to shift my protection. Those are big improvements from last year.”

Manske has goals for the next year.

“I’ll be working really hard in the offseason and I’ll be throwing a couple times a week in the offseason even when I have basketball going on,” he said. “Need to be going full go. All to get ready for a big senior season and bring a team out that can go and win the whole thing.”

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds