Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

November recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Father and son Bogonowski's spent a lot of time with Grant and his Dad and Dad Bogo posted that "OU is in a great place"

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Twitter is weird when you're not signed in. I think the first tweet that pops up is this one with the most likes.
Thanks, man - I did not even notice that. I had been on my desktop which is always signed in and went to the basement and opened it on the laptop down there. It wasn't signed in - and I didn't notice

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hot off the digital press

Oklahoma hosted Top247 OT Grant Brix over the weekend

The Logan (Cockeye) Magnolia Top247 OT got to see more of the program he's strongly considering.

Steve WiltfongSTEVE WILTFONG7 minsVIP0

Logan (Cockeye) Magnolia Top247 2024 offensive tackle Grant Brix returned to the Oklahoma campus on Saturday, a trip highlighted by the Sooners’ dominant victory over West Virginia.

Second-year head coach Brent Venables and his staff currently sit on 247Sports’ No. 7 ranked recruiting class with Brix perhaps the top remaining target on the board.

“Grant got to spend more time around players and recruits that were there that day,” Brix’s father Jim said. The family took the official visit to Norman the weekend of June 9. “That’s what he was aiming for. He has a good feel for the coaching staff and facilities and where the program is headed. He was wanting to get a better feel for how he feels he fits in with the team. He likes those guys a lot. He said nothing but positive things.”

The 6-foot-5 1/2, 280-pound Brix has been saying nothing but positive things regarding Oklahoma his whole process. Offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh has been leading the charge in the recruitment.

“Coach Bedenbaugh he’s a down-to-earth straight shooter and watches a ton of film,” the elder Brix said. “He’s current with everything going on with offensive line play with the NFL and other college teams. Coach Bedenbaugh has open communication. He wants to hear his players’ opinions both in practice and in a game.”

Oklahoma has a lot of what Brix is looking for in a school.

“You’ve got elite competition both on the practice field and on the playing field,” the elder Brix said. “You have some coaches that have a lot of experience and great track record of developing players.”

The other program giving Brix a lot to think about is Nebraska and he recently attended the Huskers’ win over Purdue.

“He likes the tradition and the rabid fanbase,” Jim said. “That also exists at Oklahoma. We’re new to both programs so to speak. I went to Illinois and my wife went to Michigan State. His final two choices we don’t have a dog in the race. Grant he likes the tradition and history of both programs a lot.

“The other thing about Nebraska for him is the closer to home factor, which has been well documented up to this point. I think for Grant he feels like if he works hard and does what he’s supposed to do and stays healthy he has a chance to play at both places.”

Brix will continue to try and narrow it down to one with Kansas State also still on the table with a potential visit planned for the last weekend of the month.

“Kansas State was his first offer,” Jim said. “They were the first school to show faith in Grant. Coach (Conor) Riley is also in my opinion an elite offensive line coach like Coach Bedenbaugh. Straight-shooter. Runs a tight o-line room. Something else important to Grant is the o-line meetings are well structured, and everybody is locked in and not joking around. All three programs that are on Grant’s list, the o-line room is exactly like that.”

Brix will play in the All-American Bowl in San Antonio in early January.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did mom visit Lincoln with him? It says she had the surgery right before our visit, so I am guessing not? (Though I am sure she's been to Lincoln with him previously).
I don't know

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds