Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

November recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Still able to take a screenshot- hadn’t refreshed
savage GIF

GBR305

Linebacker
With the Chip Kelly news, I was looking at recruits we could steal, and YIKES.

UCLA is literally in prime location, has amazing facilities, is an elite academic institution and are in a talent rich state. How are they so consistently shitty at recruiting?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

UCLA is literally in prime location, has amazing facilities, is an elite academic institution and are in a talent rich state. How are they so consistently shitty at recruiting?
Chip doesn't give a shit nor has basically ever given a shit, but also it's UCLA

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member

We restored Bel-Air country club a few years back, and Westwood isn’t actually all that great. There’s one good sports bar, some good lunch spots, and a cool theater and ice cream shop. A very below average co-ed situation given what you’d expect for the area. Lots of smart foreign exchange students. There are so many better campus experiences than that, which is a shame given its weather.

It’s a cool location if you have a ton of money or like going to nice restaurants for dinner, but if you’re a college kid you’re actually kind of landlocked and far away from decent hangouts.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

D-tackle Carlon Jones was unable to make his Ohio State official visit this weekend, discusses what is next.​

Bill KurelicBILL KURELIC95 minsVIP1

The Buckeyes currently have commitments from three 2024 defensive linemen in defensive end Eddrick Houston as well as defensive tackles Justin Scott and Eric Mensah. They would like to add more to that list.

They were set to welcome in Nebraska defensive line commitment Carlon Jones from Bay City, Texas on an official visit this weekend, but the trip was postponed. In his team’s 36-28 loss on Friday night, Jones had full body cramps and had to go to the hospital after the game for an IV.

“My whole body cramped up,” Jones told Bucknuts. “When I started to come out of it, I was going to try to get up there, but I would only make it by maybe the third quarter of the game. Coach (Larry) Johnson said he wants me to get the full experience of Ohio State so we rescheduled the visit for December 8.

"I'm fine now."

The 6-foot-2 ½ and 285-pound Jones said he is still thinking two schools.

“It’s Nebraska and Ohio State,” he said.

Jones has been committed to Nebraska since June 29. His list of scholarship offers also includes TCU, Cal, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Utah, Arizona State, Boston College, Houston and others. Jones made official visits to Nebraska, TCU, Cal, Oklahoma State, and Georgia Tech.

Jones is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 442 overall prospect, the No. 49 defensive lineman and the No. 72 prospect in Texas.

COYS

Linebacker

D-tackle Carlon Jones was unable to make his Ohio State official visit this weekend, discusses what is next.​

The Buckeyes currently have commitments from three 2024 defensive linemen in defensive end Eddrick Houston as well as defensive tackles Justin Scott and Eric Mensah. They would like to add more to that list.

They were set to welcome in Nebraska defensive line commitment Carlon Jones from Bay City, Texas on an official visit this weekend, but the trip was postponed. In his team’s 36-28 loss on Friday night, Jones had full body cramps and had to go to the hospital after the game for an IV.

“My whole body cramped up,” Jones told Bucknuts. “When I started to come out of it, I was going to try to get up there, but I would only make it by maybe the third quarter of the game. Coach (Larry) Johnson said he wants me to get the full experience of Ohio State so we rescheduled the visit for December 8.

"I'm fine now."

Jones has been committed to Nebraska since June 29. His list of scholarship offers also includes TCU, Cal, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Utah, Arizona State, Boston College, Houston and others. Jones made official visits to Nebraska, TCU, Cal, Oklahoma State, and Georgia Tech.

Jones is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 442 overall prospect, the No. 49 defensive lineman and the No. 72 prospect in Texas.
seems like he is backup plan and that was an easy excuse to push his visit back. Hopefully tOSU gets their top guys locked in.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member

"I'm fine now."

Honestly I don’t have a good feeling about this. This will be the 3rd visit date that’s been set so he’s obviously trying really hard to see OSU and with this visit so close to signing day he might force himself into a quick decision. Hopefully OSU fills up before he visits.

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member
Honestly I don’t have a good feeling about this. This will be the 3rd visit date that’s been set so he’s obviously trying really hard to see OSU and with this visit so close to signing day he might force himself into a quick decision. Hopefully OSU fills up before he visits.
That rumored Florida flip to OSU can't happen fast enough.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds