Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NIL Story - Not Nebraska Related (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Heard this story from a person that would know.

A starter at a Power 5 school walked into the HCs office and told him he wants $100k or he's entering the portal. The coach said "I don't deal with the NIL stuff, you'd have to talk to the guy who runs the collective" This particular school has a big donor that runs the collective. This kid jumps into the portal and then meets with the collective and demands $100k or he's going to transfer. He brought another starter with him that had also wanted money. He wasn't demanding $100k but said that he just needed something to help him out.

The guy who runs the collective said "OK show me what you can do for us. What is your reach on social media, will you do autograph signings" etc etc. The kids made their pitch and the guy said he'd get back to them. He called them a day later and said they had determined that they were worth being paid $25k...but only one of them. They wouldn't pay both of them. The kid demanding $100k scoffed at the offer. The other kid jumped on it and abandoned his buddy.

The kid demanding $100k can't find anybody that wants to pay him. Turns out a CB is a dime a dozen.

Just interesting how we hear only about the kids getting paid, but there are plenty out there that are learning the hard way about the business world.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I'm really curious to see what happens with NIL when another superstar comes along and establishes their own brand. We haven't seen anyone on the level of Reggie Bush or Johnny Manziel since NIL began

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I'm really curious to see what happens with NIL when another superstar comes along and establishes their own brand. We haven't seen anyone on the level of Reggie Bush or Johnny Manziel since NIL began

Females are already doing this. Olivia Dunne from LSU is already paving this path and leader right now. I believe she made close to $3million last year. Eventually females going to start dominating onlyfans.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Heard this story from a person that would know.

A starter at a Power 5 school walked into the HCs office and told him he wants $100k or he's entering the portal. The coach said "I don't deal with the NIL stuff, you'd have to talk to the guy who runs the collective" This particular school has a big donor that runs the collective. This kid jumps into the portal and then meets with the collective and demands $100k or he's going to transfer. He brought another starter with him that had also wanted money. He wasn't demanding $100k but said that he just needed something to help him out.

The guy who runs the collective said "OK show me what you can do for us. What is your reach on social media, will you do autograph signings" etc etc. The kids made their pitch and the guy said he'd get back to them. He called them a day later and said they had determined that they were worth being paid $25k...but only one of them. They wouldn't pay both of them. The kid demanding $100k scoffed at the offer. The other kid jumped on it and abandoned his buddy.

The kid demanding $100k can't find anybody that wants to pay him. Turns out a CB is a dime a dozen.

Just interesting how we hear only about the kids getting paid, but there are plenty out there that are learning the hard way about the business world.

NIL and Transfer portal will separate high character kids and low character kids and the high character kids will be the ones still standing in the end. Well kind of, they’ll stand there with low character kids with NFL talent.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Females are already doing this. Olivia Dunne from LSU is already paving this path and leader right now. I believe she made close to $3million last year. Eventually females going to start dominating onlyfans.

I wish we'd get harlots like her out of college sports so I could watch with my grandbabies again

#SaveOurScrolls

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
NIL and Transfer portal will separate high character kids and low character kids and the high character kids will be the ones still standing in the end. Well kind of, they’ll stand there with low character kids with NFL talent.
That's pretty much my view. Kids who will go to schools for good reasons will be successful and capitalize on NIL and kids, who unless they are 1% level talented, will play the constant leverage game and find themselves packing

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds