Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates (2 Viewers)

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
dumbass question but what is TC

Basically the generation of ppl who get mad when you cheer too much or don't sit down at football games. They yearn for the 90s...Tom O, option football, good hard working boys, walk ons, etc.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
So i decided to google tradition coalition for the fuck of it. Those fuckers have their own website. traditioncoalition.com. I don't wanna click on it on my work computer knowing some of those people it'll be a virus waiting to happen
The site is real and was set up a long time ago. Basically it started back when Solich was fired and Callahan was hired. TO & a bunch of Nebraska traditionalists were fighting for Solich's job with the AD Pederson and we livid that he was fired. TO is extremely loyal, to a fault. Then when Callahan was hired they basically didn't support Bill as he was change from the Nebraska Way. West Coast Offense, so no I Formation with some of our traditions disappearing. Pederson took down a bunch of the Husker Memorabilia which set off TO, Boosters & former Players. Callahan was blamed for much of that but it was Pederson. It just escalated from there with those 2 having targets on their backs. Created the start of a big division in the boosters & fanbase. Ever since then there has been a magnified power struggle behind the scenes with the Huskers boosters, administration, former players & TO.

My aunt was quite involved for decades with the group many refer to as the TC as she was involved heavily in political fundraising so it was her job to be friends with everyone in Nebraska that had a big wallet. She gravitated to that group and is still 1000% behind whatever TO, Pillen, Bruning, Peeds or Clare tell her. And let's say that she won't talk Husker Football with me anymore as I expressed early concerns with what I was hearing about Frost and later ABM, which did not sit well with her at all. She can be an arrogant ass at times and it didn't sit well with her that my information ended up being correct. She always considered herself the most connected person in our family for Inside Husker Information.

1681314132820.png

Last edited:

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
The site is real and was set up a long time ago. Basically it started back when Solich was fired and Callahan was hired. TO & a bunch of Nebraska traditionalists were fighting for Solich's job with the AD Pederson and we livid that he was fired. TO is extremely loyal, to a fault. Then when Callahan was hired they basically didn't support Bill as he was change from the Nebraska Way. West Coast Offense, so no I Formation with some of our traditions disappearing. Pederson took down a bunch of the Husker Memorabilia which set off TO, Boosters & former Players. Callahan was blamed for much of that but it was Pederson. It just escalated from there with those 2 having targets on their backs. Created the start of a big division in the boosters & fanbase. Ever since then there has been a magnified power struggle behind the scenes with the Huskers boosters, administration, former players & TO.

My aunt was quite involved for decades with the group many refer to as the TC as she was involved heavily in political fundraising so it was her job to be friends with everyone in Nebraska that had a big wallet. She gravitated to that group and is still 1000% behind whatever TO, Pillen, Bruning, Peeds or Clare tell her. And let's say that she won't talk Husker Football with me anymore as I expressed early concerns with what I was hearing about Frost and later ABM, which did not sit well with her at all. She can be an arrogant ass at times and it didn't sit well with her that my information ended up being correct. She always considered herself the most connected person in our family for Inside Husker Information.

View attachment 21991
When Frost was hired it was like all of their prayers were answered…..except they weren’t. The worst Husker head coach since the 1950’s. Ironic that a former Penn State player is uniting the fan base finally!

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Robin saying a transfer commit happening imminently - bets on who it is?

View attachment 21992
I'm going with Brice Williams, at least thats who I hope from the recent visits. I like his game, kinda reminds me of Shevon Shields. Fluid long athlete that has a good outside shot plus can finish at the rim. I like having a long 6-7 SG/SF for defense & rebounding.

The other would appear to be Reink Mast who is closest to pulling the trigger. I'm not completely sold on the Bradley big man as not sure he is athletic enough to compete in the B1G plus didn't really dominate against lower competition. Haven't seen enough enough of his highlights to come away saying he makes us a much better team. Not a shot blocker. Looking at his games played last season appears he only faced 2 Power5 Teams, (Wisc & Arkansas). Overall he averaged 15.5 pts & 9 rebs but shot poorly. 10-22 from the floor and 1-6 from 3 pt range including 6 turnovers against Arkansas. Small sample size. Arkansas has some size in the paint so questioning how well he would match up as our primary post player in the B1G. I'd kinda hope he is a Plan B big man for us.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm going with Brice Williams, at least thats who I hope from the recent visits. I like his game, kinda reminds me of Shevon Shields. Fluid long athlete that has a good outside shot plus can finish at the rim. I like having a long 6-7 SG/SF for defense & rebounding.

The other would appear to be Reink Mast who is closest to pulling the trigger. I'm not completely sold on the Bradley big man as not sure he is athletic enough to compete in the B1G plus didn't really dominate against lower competition. Haven't seen enough enough of his highlights to come away saying he makes us a much better team. Not a shot blocker. Looking at his games played last season appears he only faced 2 Power5 Teams, (Wisc & Arkansas). Overall he averaged 15.5 pts & 9 rebs but shot poorly. 10-23 from the floor and 1-6 from 3 pt range including 6 turnovers against Arkansas. Small sample size. Arkansas has some size in the paint so questioning how well he would match up as our primary post player in the B1G. I'd kinda hope he is a Plan B big man for us.
I don't care how they find it, but they need a guy who can play the 5, at least in stretches, who let's them play 5 out. Now that could take a lot of forms with having a 5 who initiated the offense like Walker or a 5 who can actually shoot from range.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't care how they find it, but they need a guy who can play the 5, at least in stretches, who let's them play 5 out. Now that could take a lot of forms with having a 5 who initiated the offense like Walker or a 5 who can actually shoot from range.
I agree. Loved watching the Hoiberg teams at ISU that had the Centers who could facilitate & score from the top of the key. Fun offense that is tough to guard. I haven't seen much of Mast's highlights but from what I saw he looked OK athletically with a decent outside shot. If Hoiberg has him at the top of their Center Wish List then I want him. I just thought there were some other players who I thought would bring more to the table for us so had him further down my Hot Board.

I'm tired of being pushed around in the paint in the B1G, and not having a shot blocker. I'd love for us to get a big who protects the rim plus rebounds. Keita looked solid defensively & rebounding wise when healthy

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I’d like to have a guy who plays above the rim. Let’s get some dunks at PBA

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree. Loved watching the Hoiberg teams at ISU that had the Centers who could facilitate & score from the top of the key. Fun offense that is tough to guard. I haven't seen much of Mast's highlights but from what I saw he looked OK athletically with a decent outside shot. If Hoiberg has him at the top of their Center Wish List then I want him. I just thought there were some other players who I thought would bring more to the table for us so had him further down my Hot Board.

I'm tired of being pushed around in the paint in the B1G, and not having a shot blocker. I'd love for us to get a big who protects the rim plus rebounds. Keita looked solid defensively & rebounding wise when healthy
He was obviously center target #1 now that he's N

redzoner

Cornerback
I don't know if Fred will ever work out but this does feel like the first year he has been here where we aren't starting over from scratch for next year and we have a little bit of a base to build on.

Hopefully we can get a healthy Gary and Blaise for this summer to go overseas.

I think we are adding the right pieces from the portal to give us a chance at the bubble.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

The other would appear to be Reink Mast who is closest to pulling the trigger. I'm not completely sold on the Bradley big man as not sure he is athletic enough to compete in the B1G plus didn't really dominate against lower competition. Haven't seen enough enough of his highlights to come away saying he makes us a much better team. Not a shot blocker. Looking at his games played last season appears he only faced 2 Power5 Teams, (Wisc & Arkansas). Overall he averaged 15.5 pts & 9 rebs but shot poorly. 10-22 from the floor and 1-6 from 3 pt range including 6 turnovers against Arkansas. Small sample size. Arkansas has some size in the paint so questioning how well he would match up as our primary post player in the B1G. I'd kinda hope he is a Plan B big man for us.
Gonna have to give you big-time demerits for the outrageous suggestion that Williams was next & going to commit before Mast, when Mast was there first by an hour and half. Please do better next time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds