Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates (4 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

GET THE FUCKING DOWNS

We were hawt and heavy with him coming out of high school. Looks like he was HM all ACC as a sophomore with 15/8 and then took time away from the game this year after playing in 8 games.

Reasonably good FT shooter and hit 5/10 from 3 which is promising even in a tiny sample size.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

GET THE FUCKING DOWNS

Thought we had a chance of getting him out of high school. About the same size as Walker. he has had his fair share of issues though. Arrested his freshman season for stealing. This season he redshirted siting a knee injury plus for "Mental Health" reasons. Scored 15 with 8 boards his 2nd season there. If mentally & physically healthy he could give us some quality minutes.

Last edited:

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Thought we had a chance of getting him out of high school. About the same size as Walker. he has had his fair share of issues though. Arrested his freshman season for stealing. This season he redshirted siting a knee injury plus for "Mental Health" reasons. Scored 15 with 8 boards his 2nd season there. If mentally & physically healthy he could give us some quality minutes.

Robin (I know, Tater Island) makes it seem like the Nebrasketball staff did their due diligence on the reasons he didn't really play last season. One would have to think this is the case - Fred knows it's a make-or-break season and this new coaching staff seems eons more competent than the clown show Matty A was running.

As it stands now, he's the 29th ranked portal player according to Tater Island. Kriisa is 17th.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sounds like Kriisa is more than likely out of the picture, per Robin. NIL might have had a hand in losing out on him.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like Kriisa is more than likely out of the picture, per Robin. NIL might have had a hand in losing out on him.
Is our Basketball NIL program that big of a mess? It doesn't seem like our NIL has helped hoops at all. Actually maybe the opposite since ABM supposedly wasn't paying the players early on causing issues and rumors of Matty A shenanigans with players NIL money. Hope Turd has this addressed.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Is our Basketball NIL program that big of a mess? It doesn't seem like our NIL has helped hoops at all. Actually maybe the opposite since ABM supposedly wasn't paying the players early on causing issues and rumors of Matty A shenanigans with players NIL money. Hope Turd has this addressed.
It’s probably tough to compete on the recruiting trail even with NIL on Fred’s record here. We can say we “improved” last year but these transfers left a place to go somewhere to win

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
1890 took over basketball as well so who knows.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I don't see him fitting in Huggins' style of play at WVU, either. Just strange.

As a Nebrasketball homer, this shit sucks.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider

Fred created the mess, not 1890.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s probably tough to compete on the recruiting trail even with NIL on Fred’s record here. We can say we “improved” last year but these transfers left a place to go somewhere to win
In todays Chat Robin backed up what we had been hearing about our Hoops NIL Program. He said that Bryce McGowen wasn't paid all of the money he was promised for NIL. I'm not sure if that was one of the examples of problems with ABM or not. Or Matty A getting caught with his hand in the Cookie Jar. But Robin is not one to gossip on this without good info. We had heard that a few players on the basketball team had problems getting paid and it really caused issues on the team. I can understand players being pissed if they were promised money and being shorted money. Doesn't help team chemistry or moral. Plus players talk amongst themselves and to players they know on other team so could see negative Husker NIL stories being shared if players are shorted. Can't imagine how I would feel if someone owed me $50,000.

Robin: Is Nebraska competitive in the NIL market for basketball? 1890 already letting Fred down after switching over from their own basketball centered collective. Also did Bryce get everything he was promised NIL wise?
They're still behind in some ways. Kriisa seems to be a prime example.

However, I do think Nebraska is toward the front in terms of finding ways to make passive NIL income for international student-athletes. They've put in a lot of work on that front over the past few months.

From what I've heard, he did not.

Last edited:

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
In todays Chat Robin backed up what we had been hearing about our Hoops NIL Program. He said that Bryce McGowen wasn't paid all of the money he was promised for NIL. I'm not sure if that was one of the examples of problems with ABM or not. Or Matty A getting caught with his hand in the Cookie Jar. But Robin is not one to gossip on this without good info. We had heard that a few players on the basketball team had problems getting paid and it really caused issues on the team. I can understand players being pissed if they were promised money and being shorted money. Doesn't help team chemistry or moral. Plus players talk amongst themselves and to players they know on other team so could see negative Husker NIL stories being shared if players are shorted. Can't imagine how I would feel if someone owed me $50,000.

However, I do think Nebraska is toward the front in terms of finding ways to make passive NIL income for international student-athletes. They've put in a lot of work on that front over the past few months.

That’s pretty impressive. What a flop.

At least he is willing to come back and be around the program like he did during alumni weekend.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member

Matty A’s issues would’ve been largely pre NIL

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

fucking kill me

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds