Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates (5 Viewers)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This probably won’t go over too well but I wasn’t a huge fan of Griesel. I know you only mentioned his temperament but I feel like we’ve elevated him to some mythical status because we’re desperate for good players. Don’t get me wrong he was solid and I appreciated his love for the program but he should’ve never been a point forward. Too slow and If I had a dollar for every time he dribbled full court into a slow back down post up only to turn the ball over or airball a shot I would have around $50.
100% agree. He would have been a great 6th man that could play 4 positions off the bench on a good team. He is a great kid, but your post was not disparaging...it was the truth. It drove me crazy when he would drove into the lane packed with 3 guys, only to have the ball poked away for a layup on the other end.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's already practicing by cupping the ball with one hand and gripping an imaginary shaft in the other.
working out GIF by Mind Pump Media

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
100% agree. He would have been a great 6th man that could play 4 positions off the bench on a good team. He is a great kid, but your post was not disparaging...it was the truth. It drove me crazy when he would drove into the lane packed with 3 guys, only to have the ball poked away for a layup on the other end.
The issue was Griesel was SUPPOSED to be the calming influence, the grizzled veteran. The smart, experienced guy. His role was not to be the YOLO let's drive it into 3 guys in the lane and dribble it off my foot guy. We have true freshmen for that LOL.

Great kid though. He just HAD to know that that YOLO stuff was not at all what we needed from him. And the fact that the season ended in one of his failed YOLO Indiana Jones crusades into the lane was actually kind of appropriate.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I’d be shocked if Sallis goes to Pickle Smoochers. I heard a month ago from my guy who’s involved with local high school basketball that Troudt was all Pickle Smoochers (correct) Sallis would be between Arizona, Alabama and Nebraska. Also Chucky is trying to be convinced to stay currently but he said he was ready to get in the portal and he would be a Nebraska lean.

GAHusker

Cornerback
I’d be shocked if Sallis goes to Pickle Smoochers. I heard a month ago from my guy who’s involved with local high school basketball that Troudt was all Pickle Smoochers (correct) Sallis would be between Arizona, Alabama and Nebraska. Also Chucky is trying to be convinced to stay currently but he said he was ready to get in the portal and he would be a Nebraska lean.
Why would he think like Alabama or Arizona would be better if he wasn’t having a ton of success in the WCC?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds