Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Nebraska trying to get out of Oklahoma game 2021 - Updated 12:24 with teams being contacted (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Is it bad that I trust @...TrueColors... more than Dean or just another day that ends in y?

It makes basically zero sense the way Dean has said it. ADs have the power to schedule games at any level of sports. It may have been Frost’s idea (idk), but it doesn’t get seriously talked about without Moos being heavily involved. Who is Frost going to go talk to about scheduling? The regents or Ronnie Green who both have zero power in this other than to fire someone? The way he’s painted it I’m not buying what he’s selling.

I’d currently place my money on this being a Frost/Moos joint project. I think the main reasons for them to explore pulling out were economic and it also didn’t hurt to be able to remove a top 5-10 opponent from the schedule and hopefully start this team out 4-0 and all of the momentum in the world. If OU played here this year I don’t think this gets talked about. But if we played at Kansas in week three I don’t think we talk about pulling the plug on that game.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting, because i think that is an absolute load of shit.

If true for economic reasons, Frost and Moos are a dumbfucks if they thought this would go over well. And let's face it, a home game against a shitty opponent is not going to save any businesses.

I do not believe that for one second. Frost only cares about wins and losses...he knows he needs wins.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Interesting, because i think that is an absolute load of shit.
It’s a cover reason. Looks great on paper and PR and in the community but obviously the underlying reason is to start 4-0. Undefeated and get income? It sounds great in talks, but they’re dumb to think it wouldn’t piss literally everyone else off

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I read all 11 pages waiting for the clown to pop out and yell April Fools. Any Husker fan that's been around since the beginning of the Devaney era in 1962, should be horrified that cancellation for the reasons given was even a consideration.

For nearly 4 decades, "The Shootout" more often than not, impacted national rankings, major bowls and on several occasions the eventual national champion. If there was one game we should have kept after our move to the B1G it was this one.

The Game of the Century against OU made Nebraska football. No more were we the little engine that could, punching above our weight. We were Nebraska and that's all you had to say for the next 30 years. Any admin or coach that doesn't understand this and embrace it is at the wrong school.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s a cover reason. Looks great on paper and PR and in the community but obviously the underlying reason is to start 4-0. Undefeated and get income? It sounds great in talks, but they’re dumb to think it wouldn’t piss literally everyone else off
If it weren't premised on the faulty assumption that the only thing the athletic department can do to help downtown lincoln is hold a football game or that the AD is in a dire financial situation as they are simultaneously raising $100 million+ for new facilities and sitting on a substantial rainy day fund, it might not have come across as totally moronic, but given that it was Frost's brainchild, allegedly, I'm not surprised

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I read all 11 pages waiting for the clown to pop out and yell April Fools. Any Husker fan that's been around since the beginning of the Devaney era in 1962, should be horrified that cancellation for the reasons given was even a consideration.

For nearly 4 decades, "The Shootout" more often than not, impacted national rankings, major bowls and on several occasions the eventual national champion. If there was one game we should have kept after our move to the B1G it was this one.

The Game of the Century against OU made Nebraska football. No more were we the little engine that could, punching above our weight. We were Nebraska and that's all you had to say for the next 30 years. Any admin or coach that doesn't understand this and embrace it is at the wrong school.
Especially when that coach grew up in Wood fucking River and won a natty as a player fo DONU.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
There is no "looking great" in this situation.

"Helping the economy" is a bullshit excuse to try to win an extra game and make a bowl game in year 4.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds