Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Nebraska trying to get out of Oklahoma game 2021 - Updated 12:24 with teams being contacted (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sucks, but I can see why you would want to make the move.

You replace OU with Old Dominon or Ohio you now likely have a good shot at being 4-0 going into the meat of your schedule. That momentum would be very valuable.
You replace a road game with a home one. $ for the university. $ for the local economy.

Bad thing is the optics behind cancelling this.

You are basically trading a win in the fall for a loss in March.
I understand, but I'm not for it. As bad as I want back in the Big 12, especially after last year, I was very much looking forward to it. My opinion means nothing. But I have been willing to fork out some good money for tickets during Frost's tenure, but I won't be doing that if they go through with this.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sucks, but I can see why you would want to make the move.

You replace OU with Old Dominon or Ohio you now likely have a good shot at being 4-0 going into the meat of your schedule. That momentum would be very valuable.
You replace a road game with a home one. $ for the university. $ for the local economy.

Bad thing is the optics behind cancelling this.

You are basically trading a win in the fall for a loss in March.

Come on man....its year FUCKING 4 for Frost. Are we really stooping to possibly playing ODU who didn't even play last year and was 1-11 the year before that?

Ditching a good historic opponent to protect our head coach? If that is the case, then there are so many issues with this program I couldn't even begin to comprehend.

It's a pathetic move and cannot be justified other than protecting Frost.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Come on man....its year FUCKING 4 for Frost. Are we really stooping to possibly playing ODU who didn't even play last year and was 1-11 the year before that?

Ditching a good historic opponent to protect our head coach? If that is the case, then there are so many issues with this program I couldn't even begin to comprehend.

It's a pathetic move and cannot be justified other than protecting Frost.
Basically what I said.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm guessing you're not alone.
Well Played GIF by memecandy

Nothing but love ;)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well somebody said $1 mil buyout for getting out of the OU game and then you would pay a MAC school to come here. So $2 mil. Don't know if moving it negates the buyout or not.

If they do this they need to start 4-0 for it to make sense. I just don't trust them in beating teams they should.
Your first name is Faux...not sure you should be talking 'trust' to anyone.

...and you're not wrong.

Rowdyroddy69

Bench Warmer
Can we just get Edward Norton to put HUSKER football's mouth on the curb and put us out of our misery, my GOD!!!! (sorry if this offends anyone)

We DO NOT NEED THE MONEY

I understand the bars and businesses around the stadium struggled.....AS DID EVERYONE. Why not have an EVENT.......oh I dont know.....LIKE THE FUCKING SPRING GAME to compensate. We have the standard 7 home games on the schedule, granted its back heavy, but FUCK. This is ridiculous. I WAS looking forward to this series all the while knowing we are not in the same class as OKLA and they will most likely send us packing in the first half....WHO CARES....renewed rivalry....50th anniversary.....there is a lot to love about this.

TBH...We are probably the WORST P5 team optically over the past 6 seasons. I am in disbelief we can muster up top 20 recruiting classes every year.

Rowdyroddy69

Bench Warmer
Well somebody said $1 mil buyout for getting out of the OU game and then you would pay a MAC school to come here. So $2 mil. Don't know if moving it negates the buyout or not.

If they do this they need to start 4-0 for it to make sense. I just don't trust them in beating teams they should.
I thought I saw an article last year or the year before that the total gross income of a home game is only like 800k or so...I may be wrong but that seems stupid given this info.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I thought I saw an article last year or the year before that the total gross income of a home game is only like 800k or so...I may be wrong but that seems stupid given this info.

I sell my product to the hospitality industry and I’ll tell you there are three locations downtown/hay market that are trying their best to make it through to football season before they make a call to pull the plug or not.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds