Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska to SEC? (7 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Post from a Georgia guy on 247: (thanks to @Dawgsauce for sharing)

"I've never claimed to be a so-called 'insider' (I have very limited UGA related info these days, for ex.). But up here in the D.C. region where I live, I am friends with someone who works in the network/content distrubution side of things, and I've received a few nuggets lately as to the various machinations taking place currently between conferences (and networks).

Take this FWIW and with a grain of salt - as most of this is hearsay at this point- but here is the latest rumor mill:

The ACC is on it's last legs as a conference and could implode as soon as '26, with '27 being more likely. Even UNC knows they end is near as is positioning accordingly
FSU and Clemson will leave for the Big 12 and Yormark has promised them an unequal share of the revenue. Both schools are holding out for either a Big 10 or SEC invite, but that seems unlikely. FSU in particular has burned quite a few bridges and has few friends (other than BY)
No clue as to where UNC is leaning (Big 10/SEC) but guesses UNC ultimately ends up in the SEC, with the majority of the schools from the ACC (Va Tech, etc.) heading over to the Big 12. UVa wants to stick with UNC (and vice-versa) and would prefer to go to the Big 10
Here's the shocker - the SEC has had backchannel conversations with both Penn State and Nebraska about joining the conference. Now, this in all likelyhood will not happen, but apparnetly both programs are not exactly happy in the Big 10. Nebraska doesn't surprise me in the slightest (especially with OU and TX coming over) but PSU, if true, absolutely does
By the end of this decade, at least 1-2 bottom feeders from both the Big 10 and SEC will be shown the door to make room for higher profile newcomers. Thus, schools like Miss State, Mizzou, Rutgers, etc. should really, really nervous. (FWIW, I first posted this several years ago here and was called insane, but a few leaks are coming out about this eventually happening). Best case for, say, Miss State long term - they agree to a reduced revenue share in order to remain a member institution."

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Lies No GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I can't see Nebraska leaving because of the academic benefits we get being in the Big 10. I'd love for us to go the SEC though. I think we have more in common with the southern boys than we do with the pedophiles and rapists in the Big 10.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can't see Nebraska leaving because of the academic benefits we get being in the Big 10. I'd love for us to go the SEC though. I think we have more in common with the southern boys than we do with the pedophiles and rapists in the Big 10.
As much as that's gay, I agree. The not leaving part.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds