Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska players in the Portal (Updated 12/13 11:25) (4 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wonder if the players are aware of the statistic that 55% of them that enter the portal don't find another home. I can appreciate how it would be difficult to convince an 18-22 year old kid that the grass might not be greener, but for over 1/2 of them there's no grass at all. Seems like a lot of risk for a low chance of success, I just wonder if that gets talked about.
I'd be very surprised if he has trouble finding another P5 team. It's not going to be Georgia. Maybe not even SEC or B1G but he'll find a home.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd be very surprised if he has trouble finding another P5 team. It's not going to be Georgia. Maybe not even SEC or B1G but he'll find a home.
Possibly. That would put him in the minority. I think there's a lot more busts than booms in the transfer portal.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Eh he’s like 5’9” and gave up a lot of big plays. We were 4-8. No one is that important.
Even saying all that it would still he a loss. Maybe not a huge loss but something. I'm not sure what nobody is that important means. I'd rather keep the starters around even if it means they are backups.

Not going to find 50+ new starters and backups in the portal/recruiting class that are better than this years starters.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
you know how changing companies is the most reliable way to get a significant raise? the transfer portal is exactly the same

we need to accept that this is going to happen ever year going forward, and our NIL people are going to need to be proactive to make sure the players who perform get paid

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
you know how changing companies is the most reliable way to get a significant raise? the transfer portal is exactly the same

we need to accept that this is going to happen ever year going forward, and our NIL people are going to need to be proactive to make sure the players who perform get paid
i think its awesome that the shitty guys will leave on their own

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Negotiation tactic. May want to stay buy might need to put name in the portal to show leaving is a threat. Regardless of what everyone says I hope that's what Hausmann is doing.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
duck-fuck.gif

tenor.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds