Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NBA Playoffs 2024 (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Their roster construction is phenomenal. This series is going to absolutely rock
Yuuuuge reversal on the Gobert trade from the first 60 or so games to now. Really a testament to Finch to get all them to buy in, but it also helps to have a dude so obviously great like Ant

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Yuuuuge reversal on the Gobert trade from the first 60 or so games to now. Really a testament to Finch to get all them to buy in, but it also helps to have a dude so obviously great like Ant
I was HIGHLY skeptical of Gobert in Minnesota when they got him but.. he has fit into this new role perfectly. Playing him alongside KAT is hard for anyone to guard, although Denver may be as equipped as anyone to handle it.

They sped Joker up tonight as Kenny Smith mentioned in the postgame.. you never really see him playing outside his normal pace. Minnesota is very very legit

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Minny has 3 very good bigs to throw at Joker. Makes a ton of difference. Minny also has a couple of long athletic wings who can defend. A very solid vet PG. And of course, the best guard, and possibly player, on the court in Antman.

Murray a little banged up. Even if he wasn't, Antman still probably better at this point (Murray has experience factor yet). KCP a little banged up, hurts Denver. Porter Junior now has several guys whom he not only has to guard that are tough covers, but also that Minny can throw at him. Gordon is no longer the default best power forward defending/utility man whom is the best X factor doing that on the floor - Minny has guys who can counter him well.

Minny matchups up extremely well with Denver. Tipping factor is Antman becoming "that guy" now. Tips the scales.

Been so many great games so far in the NBA playoffs, and it is still just the start of the 2nd round. Fun stuff.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
It's crazy how all of a sudden these young guys are taking over the league. Lebron, Steph, KD, etc are at the end of their careers with Tatum, Edward's, Doncic and SGA are becoming the face of the league.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It's crazy how all of a sudden these young guys are taking over the league. Lebron, Steph, KD, etc are at the end of their careers with Tatum, Edward's, Doncic and SGA are becoming the face of the league.

That's how the world, life and age works. No one has staved off the ravages of father time forever. LeBron has more than anyone in the NBA for level of play at 39 in year 21, but father time still wins in the end at some point. New generation of stars, maybe some will be all time greats in their own right.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
That's how the world, life and age works. No one has staved off the ravages of father time forever. LeBron has more than anyone in the NBA for level of play at 39 in year 21, but father time still wins in the end at some point. New generation of stars, maybe some will be all time greats in their own right.
Oh, I don't disagree. I think for those of us who are similar age to these guys it's just hard to see happen. Not a lebron fan, but definitely respect what he's done. It's just hard to realize that Lebron, Steph, KD and others are now the old guys of the league. Makes me realize I'm getting older too!

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Oh, I don't disagree. I think for those of us who are similar age to these guys it's just hard to see happen. Not a lebron fan, but definitely respect what he's done. It's just hard to realize that Lebron, Steph, KD and others are now the old guys of the league. Makes me realize I'm getting older too!

For sure, age and iconic athletes whom one has gotten used to for a long time, those athletes aging out is a part of life that can hit hard. Kobe passing is one that hits me hard. He wasn't nearly done with his life success story either, that dude was locked in on whatever he wanted to achieve.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
For sure, age and iconic athletes whom one has gotten used to for a long time, those athletes aging out is a part of life that can hit hard. Kobe passing is one that hits me hard. He wasn't nearly done with his life success story either, that dude was locked in on whatever he wanted to achieve.
I hear ya man. I can still remember where I was when I heard of his passing, driving highway 71 in northern Colorado headed back to Scottsbluff. Kobe was/is my favorite player of all time. Really sad to think what kind od influence he could have had on the basketball world after his retirement.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I hear ya man. I can still remember where I was when I heard of his passing, driving highway 71 in northern Colorado headed back to Scottsbluff. Kobe was/is my favorite player of all time. Really sad to think what kind od influence he could have had on the basketball world after his retirement.

Yeah, me too. I will never forget where I was and how I heard the news, just fucking shocking.

Not just basketball, he was gonna achieve so much in different venuesabs different ways. And notjust for himself, but for others too. Dude already won an academy award for cripes sake. He was a shooting star. Also my favorite athlete

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Knicks down 9 in the fourth… Pacers gonna do this??

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
KAT might have finally decided to be an adult and that ain't good for the league

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Ant Man….
Duck Dynasty Mind Blown GIF by DefyTV

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds