Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NBA Playoffs Thread (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do we really not have a playoff thread going?

I feel like the Celtics look the best going in to the post season. I'm a Nuggets fan so will be watching them tonight.

When Ja Morant hit that buzzer beater before the half my 4 year old son said "wow, that girl is pretty good at basketball." :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
i stopped watching the nba after Kobe won #5

doublewing

Running Back
The last two days of playoff basketball has been entertaining thus far.

Sacramento/Golden State was a great game last night and the Lakers/Memphis game was entertaining until LA pulled away. If LeBron and Davis stay healthy, they'll be a tough out. Davis was a beast today: 22 points/12 rebounds/7 blocks.

Giannis getting hurt today makes things interesting for that series.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The last two days of playoff basketball has been entertaining thus far.

Sacramento/Golden State was a great game last night and the Lakers/Memphis game was entertaining until LA pulled away. If LeBron and Davis stay healthy, they'll be a tough out. Davis was a beast today: 22 points/12 rebounds/7 blocks.

Giannis getting hurt today makes things interesting for that series.
I think Giannis is fine for the series. No point of pushing him for a team they should be able to beat easily in a 7 game series.

Lakers need the supporting cast to keep it up if they'll be more than a 7 who gave the 2 a series

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think Giannis is fine for the series. No point of pushing him for a team they should be able to beat easily in a 7 game series.

Lakers need the supporting cast to keep it up if they'll be more than a 7 who gave the 2 a series

Don't agree. Look at the two rosters right now, with Memphis short their starting center and starting power forward. Lakers are the better roster/team. And that's with Ja playing. Morant may be out for next game (likely), the series or even the rest of the playoffs (if it goes beyond this series for Memphis). That was a nasty hand injury for Ja.

Big though for the Lakers to have role players step up so much. Takes the pressure off of Lebron and AD to carry all the weight, and puts Memphis in a tough postion if they can't shade their defense to Lebron/AD. Dlo was also pretty good tonight for the Lakers. Vanderbilt a great point of attack defender who has a history of giving Ja fits. Reaves is a good all around player. Rui Hachimura has been surging for a month or so also. I don't think you can expect Rui and Reaves to be as good as they were this game, but I doubt they fall off the map, either.

If AD, Lebron and the Lakers stay healthy, Grizzlies are in trouble. And past that - Lakers, if healthy, are a load and tough out for any matchup. Lakers playing near the best ball in the league since allstar break. They completely revamped their roster, and addressed pretty much every weak point.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Don't agree. Look at the two rosters right now, with Memphis short their starting center and starting power forward. Lakers are the better roster/team. And that's with Ja playing. Morant may be out for next game (likely), the series or even the rest of the playoffs (if it goes beyond this series for Memphis). That was a nasty hand injury for Ja.

Big though for the Lakers to have role players step up so much. Takes the pressure off of Lebron and AD to carry all the weight, and puts Memphis in a tough postion if they can't shade their defense to Lebron/AD. Dlo was also pretty good tonight for the Lakers. Vanderbilt a great point of attack defender who has a history of giving Ja fits. Reaves is a good all around player. Rui Hachimura has been surging for a month or so also. I don't think you can expect Rui and Reaves to be as good as they were this game, but I doubt they fall off the map, either.

If AD, Lebron and the Lakers stay healthy, Grizzlies are in trouble. And past that - Lakers, if healthy, are a load and tough out for any matchup. Lakers playing near the best ball in the league since allstar break. They completely revamped their roster, and addressed pretty much every weak point.
The Lakers got 52 points today from a duo who averages 22. If Ja is out for much of the series, yeah it's probably LAs. But even without Ja for a big chunk of the game the Lakers didn't pull away until like 3 minutes to go.

I have no doubt what I get from LeBron and AD in the playoffs if they're healthy, but I still don't really believe in their supporting cast even though they've got an injury deplete Memphis

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The Lakers got 52 points today from a duo who averages 22. If Ja is out for much of the series, yeah it's probably LAs. But even without Ja for a big chunk of the game the Lakers didn't pull away until like 3 minutes to go.

I have no doubt what I get from LeBron and AD in the playoffs if they're healthy, but I still don't really believe in their supporting cast even though they've got an injury deplete Memphis
On the year, Reaves and Hachimura avg 24 between them.

But over the last month (maybe a little longer), Reaves is at 19 something a game avg and Hachimura about 16 a game over that same span. So while they definitely outscored even their norm for the last month or so of games, they have both been surging for a while now. I don't expect either to have as big of games normally, but if you've been watching the Lakers for a while, both guys have been playing much better with Westbrick gone plus the other good additions the Lakers added at the trade deadliine. The team is so much better balanced and better overall sans Westbrick (and Pat Bev being gone is addition by subtraction).

I still think the Lakers have a bettter roster as is even if Ja is playing. Memphis only has JJJ as a big, and he is foul prone and young. AD, while quite injury-plagued, is absolutely one of the elite and best Bigs in the game. He probably makes the biggest difference defensively from when he plays vs when he doesn't of any player in the league, not to mention he is a load to handle offensively often. And the Grizzlies really have no current, healthy player on their roster that can handle him.

DLo is also a multi-time all star guard (not a superstar but pretty darn good) who fits what the team needed very well. Vanderbilt is one of the best POA defenders in the league, and is an asset for that alone. Hachimura emerging is a big plus for the Lakers - he's big, strong and athletic. With Bron not 100% and being 38 in his 20th season, Bron can't sustain a full game of effort (especially defensively) like he once could. Hachimura has taken some of that load off of Lebron's shoulders.

Big picture, I don't think this current Grizzlies roster sans their starting center and starting power forward is a good matchup against a mostly healthy Lakers roster.

But that's why the play the games - it will shake out in a 7 game series.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
On the year, Reaves and Hachimura avg 24 between them.

But over the last month (maybe a little longer), Reaves is at 19 something a game avg and Hachimura about 16 a game over that same span. So while they definitely outscored even their norm for the last month or so of games, they have both been surging for a while now. I don't expect either to have as big of games normally, but if you've been watching the Lakers for a while, both guys have been playing much better with Westbrick gone plus the other good additions the Lakers added at the trade deadliine. The team is so much better balanced and better overall sans Westbrick (and Pat Bev being gone is addition by subtraction).

I still think the Lakers have a bettter roster as is even if Ja is playing. Memphis only has JJJ as a big, and he is foul prone and young. AD, while quite injury-plagued, is absolutely one of the elite and best Bigs in the game. He probably makes the biggest difference defensively from when he plays vs when he doesn't of any player in the league, not to mention he is a load to handle offensively often. And the Grizzlies really have no current, healthy player on their roster that can handle him.

DLo is also a multi-time all star guard (not a superstar but pretty darn good) who fits what the team needed very well. Vanderbilt is one of the best POA defenders in the league, and is an asset for that alone. Hachimura emerging is a big plus for the Lakers - he's big, strong and athletic. With Bron not 100% and being 38 in his 20th season, Bron can't sustain a full game of effort (especially defensively) like he once could. Hachimura has taken some of that load off of Lebron's shoulders.

Big picture, I don't think this current Grizzlies roster sans their starting center and starting power forward is a good matchup against a mostly healthy Lakers roster.

But that's why the play the games - it will shake out in a 7 game series.
Maybe hot take but if Davis went his whole career without being injured he'd be on the shortlist of best big men ever.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Maybe hot take but if Davis went his whole career without being injured he'd be on the shortlist of best big men ever.

Oh, no doubt. But he is healthy now and has been for a couple months. He can always go down in a heap at any point - it's the risk with the guy. He falls more than any player in the league for sure. But if he stays healthy, he is a game changing Big and one of the best 4 bigs in the game. HOFer for sure already, even with his oft-injured career.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds