Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Moving to Grass Practice Fields (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Do we make anything of this? Moving to natural grass on practice fields - eventually see Memorial as a grass field?

I love it. Hated playing on turf. Granted it has improved since I played but some of those shitty stadiums like KU & Mizzou were basically like a thin layer of green carpet over concrete. My knees & legs were sore for days after playing at Mizzou's or KU's stadium. Just sucked the life out of my legs. I always said if I was a Free Agent in Major League Baseball that I would only consider teams that played their home games on grass fields because of how much the astroturf sucked. Maybe it is better now but I still prefer grass. Plus nothing better than a muddy grass stained jersey after a game on grass.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I love it. Hated playing on turf. Granted it has improved since I played but some of those shitty stadiums like KU & Mizzou were basically like a thin layer of green carpet over concrete. My knees & legs were sore for days after playing at Mizzou's or KU's stadium. Just sucked the life out of my legs. I always said if I was a Free Agent in Major League Baseball that I would only consider teams that played their home games on grass fields because of how much the astroturf sucked. Maybe it is better now but I still prefer grass. Plus nothing better than a muddy grass stained jersey after a game on grass.
I detest fake fields in baseball, but still kinda like them in football. I know they still have issues (even though they've come a long way from the early days), but there's something about the aesthetics that just hits home & makes it feel like big time college football.

Maybe not logical, but so clean & cool.

1675094668764.jpgwza8abb9xuvometjdvuh.jpg

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think there’s fewer injuries on grass too. May have heard it in regard to the NFL and players wondering why the owners wouldn’t pony up the dough for grass fields in every stadium.
Maintenance costs are so much higher on grass. But I think worth it. When the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium was built they showed how their grass field was on basically a slab that was on train tracks. So they took the grass out into the sun when they weren't playing on it. Crazy, and couldn't have been cheap.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Most pro soccer teams switched to turf only to prevent leg injuries. When the euro league teams comes to the USA to play exhibitions they make them put in grass fields.

Nfl and college teams need to go grass imo.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Maintenance costs are so much higher on grass. But I think worth it. When the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium was built they showed how their grass field was on basically a slab that was on train tracks. So they took the grass out into the sun when they weren't playing on it. Crazy, and couldn't have been cheap.
That's not the best example as they have been having field issues and it was absolute garbage for the Superbowl. It felt like the field conditions dominated the conversation.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds