Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

More to Big 12?

Kansas State 247 also reports Oregon and Washington met with the Big 12 last night. Said Oregon in particular is interested because B!G is less interested in them than Washington.
I’ve been wondering about Oregon and this makes sense. The B1G still cares about academics and Washington is a much more highly regarded school and research institution.

I think the biggest thing that Nebraska has done though is to recruit Texas high school coaches and administrators to the point that the I don't think the other schools could gain too much traction on that.
Along with the fact that the Big 12 is a lesser conference than the B1G

I would agree here- and actually go as far as to say if Yormark was commissioner when they made those adds they wouldn’t have made them.

You almost always want to add “University of xyz” rather than “University of Directional xyz” or “Xyz State University” if you can. There’s infinitely more power/brand in most instances by adding these schools, plus they’re usually the primary land grant institution of a state.

Adding the University of Arizona, University of Connecticut, and another one (University of Utah?) would be ideal. You don’t need 2 schools in Arizona or really any of the existing Big 12 footprint. Adding the second most popular team in the city of Cincinnati, Fourth most popular school in Florida, Second most popular school in Utah and like at best 5th most popular school in Texas isn’t exactly “powerful”. Those schools have all experienced varying degrees of success and do bring some athletic advantages/nice to haves, but for the most part are putrid academically and struggle with fan support. Not many tshirt fans for those types of places.
I thought BYU was a solid add.

Houston, Cincy & UCF were panic adds. Those schools needed the Big12 more than the Big12 needed them. In many ways it hurts the existing members more than helps them
BYU actually has a national fanbase & a solid history

I thought BYU was a solid add.

Houston, Cincy & UCF were panic adds. Those schools needed the Big12 more than the Big12 needed them. In many ways it hurts the existing members more than helps them
BYU actually has a national fanbase & a solid history
UCF wasn't a bad add. They come in pretty strong and should be able to compete as long as Malzahn's the coach. Outside of football they're not competitive but it doesn't really matter

Cincy made sense until #2ndChoice left. Their future is pretty bleak but I guess it gets you some footprint and bridges the gap between WV and the next closest school.

Houston doesn't give you anything you didn't already have in football but at least basketball is competitive. Heard some discussion that Yormark is betting big on basketball so it gives the Big 12 a reason to get brought along with the SEC/Big Ten - which is why UConn is getting some play.

If I'm Yormark the only schools I'm picking up the phone for are Utah, Oregon, Washington, and the Arizonas. They're good products in large markets.

I love this and I hate this all at the same time. Me, watching conference realignment:

azBhD9l.gif

If we are going to add from the ACC, I'd like to see us focus on places where we could gain in recruiting. I'd take Miami over FSU (once the Life Wallet house of cards comes crashing down, they'll be easier to handle), Ga Tech, UNC, UVA.

I don't care if the schools being added are good at football. Kind of prefer if they aren't. Someone has to be the losing half of the games.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back