Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mordecai - broken hand and surgery (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not even sure we'll win 3, I was saying that 3-3 is our ceiling. We could lose to all 6 teams, as others have said.

Here are my reasons:
1. We have the worst WR unit out of all 6 teams (actually entire B1G)
2. We have the most QB fumbles out of all 6 teams (actually entire nation)
3. RB depth is one guy
4. OL is MAYBE avg out of the 6 teams but they have bad BAD situational awareness (penalties at the worst time)
5. STs can be good but also have major clunkers
6. D doesn't force enough turnovers to paper over items 1-5

The big difference between Cockeye and us is Cockeye gets tons of huge, game-changing plays from their D and STs. That compensates for their bad offense. Nebraska's D and STs are not doing what Cockeye's does for them. D doesn't force enough TOs and Buschini still has bad games and Alvano is a mystery.

We don't have the elements to compensate for our bad offense to go 4-2. Cockeye does. For us to do better than 3-3 we'd need to show something from QB, WR and PK that we have not seen this season.
I think you're selling our WRs short. They're probably the worst unit in America

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you're selling our WRs short. They're probably the worst unit in America
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm not even sure we'll win 3, I was saying that 3-3 is our ceiling. We could lose to all 6 teams, as others have said.

Here are my reasons:
1. We have the worst WR unit out of all 6 teams (actually entire B1G)
2. We have the most QB fumbles out of all 6 teams (actually entire nation)
3. RB depth is one guy
4. OL is MAYBE avg out of the 6 teams but they have bad BAD situational awareness (penalties at the worst time)
5. STs can be good but also have major clunkers
6. D doesn't force enough turnovers to paper over items 1-5

The big difference between Cockeye and us is Cockeye gets tons of huge, game-changing plays from their D and STs. That compensates for their bad offense. Nebraska's D and STs are not doing what Cockeye's does for them. D doesn't force enough TOs and Buschini still has bad games and Alvano is a mystery.

We don't have the elements to compensate for our bad offense to go 4-2. Cockeye does. For us to do better than 3-3 we'd need to show something from QB, WR and PK that we have not seen this season.
I guess what I'm saying is this, what we've seen from us, 3-3 IMO. What we've seen from others up to this point, anywhere from 3-6 wins. I think Heinrich takes us to a bowl game and it is ugly while doing so.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Not saying it will happen, but if Nebraska drops the next two then shit could go downhill in a hurry.
Certainly fair. I think Matt Rhule's culture will have taken 0 affect on this program up to this point, if that's the case.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I guess what I'm saying is this, what we've seen from us, 3-3 IMO. What we've seen from others up to this point, anywhere from 3-6 wins. I think Heinrich takes us to a bowl game and it is ugly while doing so.
I'm not positive that Rhule isn't going to tinker with Sims in there and then all bets are off. I still think Sims can cost us another game.

I think if we committed to Haarberg and he stayed healthy then he can definitely get us to 6-6. But I think Rhule is gonna throw Sims in there and not sure what's gonna happen with that.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Actually edit my last comment - Rhule seems to be sticking with Haarberg, even though Sims is 100%.

This pleases me.
Sticking with Heinrich, I think our floor is 3-3. I think he CAN do anywhere from 3-3 to 6-0 though, given this weekend's events.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is not what I wanted. I wanted to beat them at full strength like real men........................Just kidding, I'll take any advantage we can get.
Good one. I like this post.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just fucking beat NW this weekend
Counting Ws always fuks us in the ass
Beat NW
Then refocus for the next week & go 1-0 again

This. One win at a time. Then do it again the following week. Stop thinking about any game but the one in front of us.

We need a break-even (6 and 6) season, badly. At least get to that. But you don't get to that if you are thinking about anything but the game in front of you.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds