Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mordecai - broken hand and surgery (2 Viewers)

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
baby-scream-yeah.gif

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
All I know is Wisconsin looked brutal with Locke in the game. They basically could only run shovel passes.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jesus, do we actually have a fighter's chance at 6-0 down the back 9? Maryland might be the only game that looks real tough. Even then, they just lost to Illinois.
I still think 3-3 is about the ceiling for this group.

The only way I see 4-2 or better is if: (1) Haarberg shows accelerated improvement in his passing each week or (2) Sims gets some starts & reclaim his SO yr steadiness he had at GT.

Unfortunately I don't see scenario 1 or 2 happening. 1 - I think Haarberg will largely be the same guy he's been for good and bad. 2 - I honestly have no idea what's going on w Sims so who knows. But he looks like a guy who would buckle under the pressure of these tight B1G games with a bowl berth on the line.

As always, no one hopes he's wrong more than me. My problem is that I'm always right. 😡 But I hope I'm the wrongest mother fucker who ever wronged this side of the Mississippi.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I still think 3-3 is about the ceiling for this group.

The only way I see 4-2 or better is if: (1) Haarberg shows accelerated improvement in his passing each week or (2) Sims gets some starts & reclaim his SO yr steadiness he had at GT.

Unfortunately I don't see scenario 1 or 2 happening. 1 - I think Haarberg will largely be the same guy he's been for good and bad. 2 - I honestly have no idea what's going on w Sims so who knows. But he looks like a guy who would buckle under the pressure of these tight B1G games with a bowl berth on the line.

As always, no one hopes he's wrong more than me. My problem is that I'm always right. 😡 But I hope I'm the wrongest mother fucker who ever wronged this side of the Mississippi.
3-3 gets us to a bowl game. Knowing what we know now, which 3 beat us? Cockeye and Wisconsin most likely, maybe Maryland. Given recent events, we'd have to really shit ourselves, like Frost level shit ourselves, to go worse than 3-3. And I'm not trying to talk myself into it. There's almost no excuse to lose to anyone other than Wisconsin, and they just lost their QB. I would say Wisconsin simply due to athletic ability at the skill positions.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Knowing what we know now, which 3 beat us?
I'm not even sure we'll win 3, I was saying that 3-3 is our ceiling. We could lose to all 6 teams, as others have said.

Here are my reasons:
1. We have the worst WR unit out of all 6 teams (actually entire B1G)
2. We have the most QB fumbles out of all 6 teams (actually entire nation)
3. RB depth is one guy
4. OL is MAYBE avg out of the 6 teams but they have bad BAD situational awareness (penalties at the worst time)
5. STs can be good but also have major clunkers
6. D doesn't force enough turnovers to paper over items 1-5

The big difference between Cockeye and us is Cockeye gets tons of huge, game-changing plays from their D and STs. That compensates for their bad offense. Nebraska's D and STs are not doing what Cockeye's does for them. D doesn't force enough TOs and Buschini still has bad games and Alvano is a mystery.

We don't have the elements to compensate for our bad offense to go 4-2. Cockeye does. For us to do better than 3-3 we'd need to show something from QB, WR and PK that we have not seen this season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds