Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mongo went full Mongo (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Started a thread on RSS that Nebraska is missing the 500 mile radius because we haven’t offered a Jayden Woods, a Kansas 2025 recruit that Oregon and USC offered yesterday.

4+ pages and going of people going off on him. He is continuing to defend his opinion that something is wrong and it’s an issue.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I already posted in that thread, maybe I'll go out with a bang and say something along the lines of that he should take some notes from Greg. I'm sure that would get me @bant. My sub is up 5/31 and I'm not renewing. Robin already cockteased some basketball info to get me to waste my time reading tunnel talk tomorrow.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member

So why are they giving him grief?

Do you start calling out the staff for not offering on every 2025 recruit with P5 offers in the 500 mile radius?

Do you take into account that this new staff might now have all of their new recruiting staff in place? That they are spending time on tape of 2023 and 2024 prospects right now?

Or that they haven't had time to get his tape in front of the position coach/DC/HC to decide if they want to give a scholarship offer yet?

Or that they might have seen the tape and don't think he fits what they do and have higher priority recruits in '25 to target?

A lot of things can go into them not offering, but mongo wants to find ways to shit on the new staff in ways he never did the past 5 years with Frost.

Basically, just an annoying loser shit posting on the scrolls imo

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
Do you start calling out the staff for not offering on every 2025 recruit with P5 offers in the 500 mile radius?

Do you take into account that this new staff might now have all of their new recruiting staff in place? That they are spending time on tape of 2023 and 2024 prospects right now?

Or that they haven't had time to get his tape in front of the position coach/DC/HC to decide if they want to give a scholarship offer yet?

Or that they might have seen the tape and don't think he fits what they do and have higher priority recruits in '25 to target?

A lot of things can go into them not offering, but mongo wants to find ways to shit on the new staff in ways he never did the past 5 years with Frost.

Basically, just an annoying loser shit posting on the scrolls imo
That's my biggest issue with all of this. I can count on one hand the amount of times mongo would've typed something this intentional against frost in recruiting. But while the staff is in the midst of grinding hs visits a couple of months on the job (shit, Foley has damn near hit every hs in the state) suddenly it's some huge issue to not be on the forefront of a kid who doesn't have a drivers license yet.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
How does this thread not have the mongo gif?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's my biggest issue with all of this. I can count on one hand the amount of times mongo would've typed something this intentional against frost in recruiting. But while the staff is in the midst of grinding hs visits a couple of months on the job (shit, Foley has damn near hit every hs in the state) suddenly it's some huge issue to not be on the forefront of a kid who doesn't have a drivers license yet.
I remember telling him Haarberg wasn’t that good when he committed. He went off how he was ex teammates with Haarberg’s coach and how good he was.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Does he know his job is to only report who is offered, looked at, and in communication. His 'he's blowing up' and 'missing' is out of his spectrum of things he should do.

Sean probably saw that and then told him to correct it in TT.
I just love how he spent that entire thread doubling down on the entire thing, as if he knows better than Rhule and the staff. Impressive spin-zone by Mongo.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds