Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (5 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Welp fellas, I don't post much, but could use some thoughts and prayers. My wife is leaving me, we have to co-habitate until things are finalized due to finances. She isn't cheating, neither am I, but she said she's just grown apart from me. So, any advice would be appreciated. I haven't dated since 2003, so I have no fucking idea what im doing. Thankfully we aren't fighting or anything, just a lot of hurt feelings on both sides. We agreed to not trash each other in front of the kids, although they are older (15/17). Thanks for reading my mini rant. GBR and get the fucking downs
I’m genuinely sorry to hear that news. Good luck out there.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Welp fellas, I don't post much, but could use some thoughts and prayers. My wife is leaving me, we have to co-habitate until things are finalized due to finances. She isn't cheating, neither am I, but she said she's just grown apart from me. So, any advice would be appreciated. I haven't dated since 2003, so I have no fucking idea what im doing. Thankfully we aren't fighting or anything, just a lot of hurt feelings on both sides. We agreed to not trash each other in front of the kids, although they are older (15/17). Thanks for reading my mini rant. GBR and get the fucking downs
Sorry to hear that man. Let us know if you ever need someone to vent to, someone to grab a beer with, etc

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
How old are you

Do you lift weights and exercise on a regular basis. If not you should start

I’m being serious btw, the gym saves lives

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Also as a divorce attorney I recommend you avoid the following:
1. Drugs and alcohol and partying
2. Spending a bunch of money - keep it under control
3. New relationships - a new relationship will suck up your time and energy and lead to other issues (with your kids for example). Just give it some time

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
How old are you

41, fat as shit but have been hitting the gym the last few weeks
Also as a divorce attorney I recommend you avoid the following:
1. Drugs and alcohol and partying
2. Spending a bunch of money - keep it under control
3. New relationships - a new relationship will suck up your time and energy and lead to other issues (with your kids for example). Just give it some time

I smoke some weed after work or if im off for a few days but thats it. Had been cutting back on the booze the last few months, so thats helped. Definitely gonna save as much as possible moving forward and it was a 20 yr relationship/13 yr marriage so right now I have no interest in dating. Im just struggling to accept that its over, but its getting easier every day. Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG

I smoke some weed after work or if im off for a few days but thats it. Had been cutting back on the booze the last few months, so thats helped. Definitely gonna save as much as possible moving forward and it was a 20 yr relationship/13 yr marriage so right now I have no interest in dating. Im just struggling to accept that its over, but its getting easier every day. Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it
Were you blindsided by it? Sucks man but it will get better

huskin1

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Sorry to hear, went through a similar situation about 7 years ago. Younger than u are but with two kids. Best advice I have is hit the gym as mentioned, sounds stupid but it helps tremendously. Also like u said be civil as can be especially around the kids. I was blindsided by mine but we still get along which doesn’t happen very often. Anyways remarried three years ago and expecting a daughter in June. If there was disconnect like there was with my first marriage you’ll realize it once on your own. Hard to explain but every day gets a little better. Good luck and stay strong for the kids!

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
Were you blindsided by it? Sucks man but it will get better
I was when she said she couldn't do it anymore, but her reasons are valid. I focused too much on work (chef/kitchen life) to get us out of living paycheck to paycheck w/no savings and neglected her emotional needs for too long. It hurts like a motherfucker but its one day at a time

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I was when she said she couldn't do it anymore, but her reasons are valid. I focused too much on work (chef/kitchen life) to get us out of living paycheck to paycheck w/no savings and neglected her emotional needs for too long. It hurts like a motherfucker but its one day at a time
Joe Dirt 2 Day GIF

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
How old are you

I second the gym, also church.

One thing you can do when it seems like there's nothing to do is work on improving your health, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Whether it's for a possible reconciliation, preparing to do things solo, or getting yourself ready for a future relationship, it'll be helpful.

Tough situation- praying for you.

Docbezoar

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

Stop the weed. It is a dead end . Lowers ambition , lowers testosterone and hallows you out over time

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds