Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (16 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Baby #2 is due on Friday morning

No millennial population decline in this thread.

My Little Pony Sperm
giphy.gif

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Heading to AZ to see the daughter. Looking forward to giving and getting a hug from my baby girl as I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving due to her work schedule.
I'll be heading up to San Francisco in late March. I think you and @Elizabeth Reed have a better destination planned. Once again I'll not be staying in The City which saddens me, but I value my car windows and overall well being more than the faded charm of a once great city.

I will take a spin through it though to see if the decline has gotten worse and head over to Berkeley for the best sourdough bread on the planet. Full report upon my return.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I'll be heading up to San Francisco in late March. I think you and @Elizabeth Reed have a better destination planned. Once again I'll not be staying in The City which saddens me, but I value my car windows and overall well being more than the faded charm of a once great city.

I will take a spin through it though to see if the decline has gotten worse and head over to Berkeley for the best sourdough bread on the planet. Full report upon my return.
Hope you wonā€™t mind if I brag on our DIL in west Omaha. She has been experimenting for the better part of a year with the sourdough recipe, the ā€œstarterā€ and the process that eventually results in the finished product.

We had very, very good grilled cheese sammiches last summer at their home but she wasnā€™t completely satisfied with the bread. She continued feeding the starter and tweaking the recipe and last week (while she and our son were in Cancun and we were babysitting) Mrs Bomber made French Dip sandwiches using the sourdough bread, prepared like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Provolone cheese on top of the sliced roast beast, sandwich put together and then browned in the skillet. It was amazing. Iā€™ve eaten a lot of sourdough bread and never had any this good.

Soooooo, now youā€™ve got me curious about whatā€™s going on in Berkeley that the city is known for sourdough bread. That is awesome and Iā€™ll be curious to hear yore report back after yore visit. Enjoy!!

TL/DRā€¦ā€¦..our familyā€™s world (20 of us) revolves around food prep, presentation and eating. No regerts about the storytellingā€¦..šŸ˜˜

Last edited:

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hope you wonā€™t mind if I brag on our DIL in west Omaha. She has been experimenting for the better part of a year with the sourdough recipe, the ā€œstarterā€ and the process that eventually results in the finished product.

We had very, very good grilled cheese sammiches last summer at their home but she wasnā€™t completely satisfied with the bread. She continued feeding the starter and tweaking the recipe and last week (while she and our son were in Cancun and we were babysitting) Mrs Bomber made French Dip sandwiches using the sourdough bread, prepared like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Provolone cheese on top of the sliced roast beast, sandwich put together and then browned in the skillet. It was amazing. Iā€™ve eaten a lot of sourdough bread and never had any this good.

Soooooo, now youā€™ve got me curious about whatā€™s going on in Berkeley that the city is known for sourdough bread. That is awesome and Iā€™ll be curious to hear yore report back after yore visit. Enjoy!!

TL/DRā€¦ā€¦..our familyā€™s world (20 of us) revolves around food prep, presentation and eating. No regerts about the storytellingā€¦..šŸ˜˜

That's so great she's learning how to make sourdough bread.

As far as Berkeley goes, the bakery that is renowned is called ACME Bread Company and it's a little hole in the wall. They only let 2 people in the shop at a time and there are always lines. They also have a branch at the Embarcadero Center in SF and even though it's fancier it doesn't have the selection and is mostly a tourist thing. They also have a wholesale division which sells to a few select markets.

How Berkeley captured the title as best in a place where there's no bad sourdough bread, is a mystery to me. But, if you ask a local they'll always say ACME. Berkeley is weird but it also has a lot of small artisan type restaurants and grocery stores. It's kind of their thing and I've never been disappointed.

Let me reiterate though, it is a very strange place. Great for people watching if that's your thing.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
That's so great she's learning how to make sourdough bread.

As far as Berkeley goes, the bakery that is renowned is called ACME Bread Company and it's a little hole in the wall. They only let 2 people in the shop at a time and there are always lines. They also have a branch at the Embarcadero Center in SF and even though it's fancier it doesn't have the selection and is mostly a tourist thing. They also have a wholesale division which sells to a few select markets.

How Berkeley captured the title as best in a place where there's no bad sourdough bread, is a mystery to me. But, if you ask a local they'll always say ACME. Berkeley is weird but it also has a lot of small artisan type restaurants and grocery stores. It's kind of their thing and I've never been disappointed.

Let me reiterate though, it is a very strange place. Great for people watching if that's your thing.
Sounds like a unique cultural experience, especially if yore a foodie. Please post an update after yore visit. šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
How we doing Bronies? Hosting a 65th birthday party at the shop tonight for the old man, always good to find a reason to host something at the shop atleast every year to do a nice cleaning of the place.
Happy birthday to your dad. I hear you on the shop cleaning as we typically do something similar in regards to a get together and it's cleaned spotless, and then the self promise to keep up on it thereafter always fails.

Doing good here. Attended a benefit auction last night and took the woman, a couple employees and their significant others along. Nothing being auctioned that was of real use at the salebarn but there was a busch light cooler with a 30 pack my one worked Really wanted so I told her that's where we'll give our donation to the school.

$3400 later she took it home.

96395 (1).jpeg

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lotta money but for a good cause and she's earned it. Fairly fresh outta college, always worked sale days when she could through college and still comes and works every sale even though she has a full time good job as an insurance agent. Just turned 23 a month ago and gets there every Thursday at 7 am and on bigger sales night not leave until 1 am and still has to drive 35 miles home. Not many like that exist especially at her age.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Lotta money but for a good cause and she's earned it. Fairly fresh outta college, always worked sale days when she could through college and still comes and works every sale even though she has a full time good job as an insurance agent. Just turned 23 a month ago and gets there every Thursday at 7 am and on bigger sales night not leave until 1 am and still has to drive 35 miles home. Not many like that exist especially at her age.
Benefit auctions are always a good time. Despite dropping a lot of coin.

TheRedRedRobin

Bench Warmer
Elite Member

said a mouthful ^there^ my Brother. so sad what has been allowed to unfold there.

TheRedRedRobin

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
so crazy, this print hung in the dining room of my parents home all through our youth and beyond. just recently, my sister sent a pic of it in a home on the market in GI. and now, here it appears again. it's amazing how one can sook at something for years, and never even notice a detail like the cap he is wearing.
glad to know he's a Husker.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds