Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

yeah they built a new huge Scheels

total boondoggle in an online shopping world

same shit as Cabelas, huge overhead for nothing and it will cost them
All depends what you're shopping for. The higher $ items you want to shop for at the store. In the case of guns they have to go through a location and they get a fee to process the online purchase. Brother is the hand gun manager in Omaha. Had his best two years ever the last two years. Even with the limited supply.

Agree they could make the stores smaller with those items and not even try and battle with the stuff people buy online. That's probably your point. Especially in a market like Lincoln.

Brother is the hand gun manager in Omaha.

giphy.gif

He gets shit for himself cheap but he really can't do much for anyone else. They watch The stuff he buys like a hawk to make sure it's actually for him.

If Scheels is anything like Cabelas, I don’t know why anyone would buy guns there. There are much better deals to be had elsewhere.
You can always find stuff cheaper. I don't care what you're shopping for. Really it boils down to advice. If you perceive that you know more than the person you're buying stuff from then it provides no value. Prices aren't significantly different than anywhere else.

All depends what you're shopping for. The higher $ items you want to shop for at the store. In the case of guns they have to go through a location and they get a fee to process the online purchase. Brother is the hand gun manager in Omaha. Had his best two years ever the last two years. Even with the limited supply.

Agree they could make the stores smaller with those items and not even try and battle with the stuff people buy online. That's probably your point. Especially in a market like Lincoln.

From walking around the store I’d estimate the Lincoln store loses over $100,000 a week. (Utilities, insurance & payroll alone would put them in the red)

I remember reading the Cabelas info that leaked and most of their brick and mortar stores never once turned a profit.

you can have a flagship store or 2 that hemorrhages money but this is something completely different, it was shocking

I can go to any bumfuck gunshop I want around here I want and they'll smoke any deal scheels or cabela bass pro shop has

If Scheels is anything like Cabelas, I don’t know why anyone would buy guns there. There are much better deals to be had elsewhere.
Sometimes it’s helpful to be able to examine the item in person, and know whether it’s been well cared for and shows signs of a high round count. Hard to do that with online pics

I’ll add that the staff at Scheels that I’ve dealt with have been knowledgeable and personable. The guys at Guns Unlimited have been good to deal with as well. They’re also able to do a little more dealing, particularly on used firearms.

And I do shop other retailers, pawn shops & gun shows as well as online retailers. I have an open mind … and an open wallet if I find what I’m looking for at a fair price.

Seems like drinking Tito’s makes you hangry, cowboy. Slow down - you gotta drive home! 😉

It's the heat that's killing me Hog. It's a miserable bastard this week.

Used guns, Scheels and cabelas can be alright. I've bought a few from both through the years.

When it comes to new, any small dealer that wants to stay in business will match or beat

From walking around the store I’d estimate the Lincoln store loses over $100,000 a week. (Utilities, insurance & payroll alone would put them in the red)

I remember reading the Cabelas info that leaked and most of their brick and mortar stores never once turned a profit.

you can have a flagship store or 2 that hemorrhages money but this is something completely different, it was shocking
Both of my daughters work at that store and I can tell you that isn't the case at all.

@God is a Husker, your post with the picture of the broken down Land Rover reminded me of something I've thought about for a long long time. In the category of things don't make sense, if you go to any list of least reliable vehicles Land Rover is usually the undisputed champion unless Fiat has somehow insinuated itself into the list.

And yet, that's what we're going to drive out in the African Bush where all kinds of terrors lurk? I mean I know the Queen loves them and they are quite cushy but that's little consolation if you're stranded and about to meet Mr. Lion and his family. You'll find me in the Bush version of the Toyota thank you.

@God is a Husker, your post with the picture of the broken down Land Rover reminded me of something I've thought about for a long long time. In the category of things don't make sense, if you go to any list of least reliable vehicles Land Rover is usually the undisputed champion unless Fiat has somehow insinuated itself into the list.

And yet, that's what we're going to drive out in the African Bush where all kinds of terrors lurk? I mean I know the Queen loves them and they are quite cushy but that's little consolation if you're stranded and about to meet Mr. Lion and his family. You'll find me in the Bush version of the Toyota thank you.

my FIL talks about the biggest issue in the Rhodesia Bush wars was never having equipment running cuz you couldn't get the parts to fix it, "mech infantry" usually meant the officers in a vehicle and maybe a spotter helo overhead with everybody else on foot

and yep toyota is king in the bush because they are so light and very minimal moving parts in comparison to other vehicles

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back