Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

A bunch of family are over to see the new baby and combo see each other for New years. (Which is today)

My wife’s cousin apparently just agreed to an arranged marriage proposal after like 5 years of her Dad trying to get her married.

All the women are excited and are talking a million miles a hour FaceTimeing random relatives about it etc etc.

The future groom is getting his Masters in Chemical Engineering from Houston and has a job in big oil already. Already owns a nice house and is debt free. Has his shit together vs. my wife’s bimbo hair dresser cousin who has a sub 100 IQ and Daddy’s credit cards.

Anyhoo, the Women had been talking nonstop for like 45 mins when during a lull in the conversation my father in law just randomly looks up from his phone and says “yes it’s a good match but he is so fat.” and then looks back down at his phone to watch more golf videos. Zero fucks given, didn’t say it as a joke or mean was just like “damn that boy big tho”.

Made me laugh so hard I had to pretend i was coughing and had to leave the room to hide it. Idk if it’s the lack of sleep but my FIL dropping a Nuke on the convo was just so funny

A bunch of family are over to see the new baby and combo see each other for New years. (Which is today)

My wife’s cousin apparently just agreed to an arranged marriage proposal after like 5 years of her Dad trying to get her married.

All the women are excited and are talking a million miles a hour FaceTimeing random relatives about it etc etc.

The future groom is getting his Masters in Chemical Engineering from Houston and has a job in big oil already. Already owns a nice house and is debt free. Has his shit together vs. my wife’s bimbo hair dresser cousin who has a sub 100 IQ and Daddy’s credit cards.

Anyhoo, the Women had been talking nonstop for like 45 mins when during a lull in the conversation my father in law just randomly looks up from his phone and says “yes it’s a good match but he is so fat.” and then looks back down at his phone to watch more golf videos. Zero fucks given, didn’t say it as a joke or mean was just like “damn that boy big tho”.

Made me laugh so hard I had to pretend i was coughing and had to leave the room to hide it. Idk if it’s the lack of sleep but my FIL dropping a Nuke on the convo was just so funny
Is the cousin hot?

Is the future groom a cowboy from Valentine or of the Asian-Indian persuasion or Falls City mechanic?? Asking for a friend (Jim)

Sort of but not close to my wife or the other cousins.

1 of my wife’s cousins is a minor celebrity in the UK, was on a reality TV show and is an Instagram model and regular model for like magazines and billboards and stuff.

I think she is way too skinny, bitch looks like a Holocaust victim
blindtye.gif

Is the future groom a cowboy from Valentine or of the Asian-Indian persuasion or Falls City mechanic?? Asking for a friend (Jim)

He is a fat Indian getting his Masters in chemical engineering from Houston.

Got no idea about anything else except this info.

PS: when I say arranged marriage I mean literally arranged marriage, so obviously everybody involved is Patel.

Last edited:
He is a fat Indian getting his Masters in chemical engineering from Houston.

Got no idea about anything else except this info.

PS: when I say arranged marriage I mean literally arranged marriage, so obviously everybody involved is Patel.
How long has the cousin known her future husband?? I’m in denial that this “arranged” shit still exists. Crazy…….😎

How long has the cousin known her future husband?? I’m in denial that this “arranged” shit still exists. Crazy…….😎

It absolutely 100% still exists. I mean, people have rights so their parents can’t legally force them to get married, but in a lot of families there is still huge pressure to do an arranged marriage.

Lot of younger Indians are avoiding it, though.

Wrapping up our week in sunny SW Florida, ready to return home where we turn into pumpkins and this week will all have been a dream. The wife was kayaking with her sister-in-law in the lagoon behind the house, the Gulf of Mexico is their front yard, and saw a dolphin. Her day, week, month, year has been made lol.

We went south about 50 miles to see if there was any obvious hurricane damage. There was a lot. Every sign was twisted or down and there were so many blue tarps on commercial buildings and homes awaiting new roofs that we lost count. We didn't venture to Ft. Myers as there are still many closed roads. My in-laws dodged a big fat bullet by about 30 miles.

The coast is not dramatic like California, everything is really flat, but it is charming in its own way. Lots of mangrove swamps and coconut trees which gives it a very tropical feel.

Tonight we sat on the back patio smoking Perdomo cigars and sipping cognac and single barrel bourbon. I could get used to this.

Wrapping up our week in sunny SW Florida, ready to return home where we turn into pumpkins and this week will all have been a dream. The wife was kayaking with her sister-in-law in the lagoon behind the house, the Gulf of Mexico is their front yard, and saw a dolphin. Her day, week, month, year has been made lol.

We went south about 50 miles to see if there was any obvious hurricane damage. There was a lot. Every sign was twisted or down and there were so many blue tarps on commercial buildings and homes awaiting new roofs that we lost count. We didn't venture to Ft. Myers as there are still many closed roads. My in-laws dodged a big fat bullet by about 30 miles.

The coast is not dramatic like California, everything is really flat, but it is charming in its own way. Lots of mangrove swamps and coconut trees which gives it a very tropical feel.

Tonight we sat on the back patio smoking Perdomo cigars and sipping cognac and single barrel bourbon. I could get used to this.
You are a true Renaissance man, my friend. Glad you and yore bride had a memorable visit.
😎

They have never met, only talked on the phone and FaceTimed. They are meeting this week, she is flying down to Houston. (Both sets of parents will be present)

It absolutely 100% still exists. I mean, people have rights so their parents can’t legally force them to get married, but in a lot of families there is still huge pressure to do an arranged marriage.

Lot of younger Indians are avoiding it, though.

My wife and I were the first love marriage in the immediate family.

1 of the reasons her cousin was considered the black sheep was because her dad was trying to get her arranged for 5 years and she was refusing.

They have never met, only talked on the phone and FaceTimed. They are meeting this week, she is flying down to Houston. (Both sets of parents will be present)

My wife and I were the first love marriage in the immediate family.

1 of the reasons her cousin was considered the black sheep was because her dad was trying to get her arranged for 5 years and she was refusing.
I was gonna use the term “love marriage” in my post because I find it fascinating, but I figured nobody else would understand the reference.

I was gonna use the term “love marriage” in my post because I find it fascinating, but I figured nobody else would understand the reference.
People would be astounded at how recently love marriages became the tradition. Some say say mid 18th Century but that's when they began, not when they became the standard.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back