Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Minnesota Game Week Thread (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I didn’t think duckster could get any worse.
Guess What Fact Check GIF by MyPetHippoProductions

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just a guy who absolutely was not ready for that type of job that should not have given the power and leeway.
I mean when you continually put a 2/10 effort into a job that requires 10/10 effort every single day, it's no surprise why it didn't work out.

Which makes the constant "if Scott Frost couldn't succeed at Nebraska then I have no idea who can" refrain from the national guys like Stewart Mandel and Bill Connelly sound a little stupid.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I mean when you continually put a 2/10 effort into a job that requires 10/10 effort every single day, it's no surprise why it didn't work out.

Which makes the constant "if Scott Frost couldn't succeed at Nebraska then I have no idea who can" refrain from the national guys like Stewart Mandel and Bill Connelly AND all the tater NU fans that defended Frost until the very last day (inc some on here!) sound a little stupid.
Fify

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
I don't believe you are this stupid. You have to be trolling.

Like Wasatch said, the more you hand out, the less elite and special it is. It's not like everyone not wearing a single digit is a bum. And the being awarded a single digit is about more than just being elite - it's about being a leader and doing things the right way. Again, that doesn't mean that these 10 guys (11) are the only ones doing that, but they best exemplify the culture that Rhule is trying to establish.
He is

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Congratulations everybody, we’ve officially made it through the offseason and it is in fact game week. Get your shit done the next 72 hours and let’s have a hell of a Thursday and roll into the weekend feeling like fuckin kings watching Deion get fucked by many angles against TCU

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Congratulations everybody, we’ve officially made it through the offseason and it is in fact game week. Get your shit done the next 72 hours and let’s have a hell of a Thursday and roll into the weekend feeling like fuckin kings watching Deion get fucked by many angles against TCU
I'm so excited. This is a great week.

Week 1 of Nebraska Football
Week 1 of Kansas High School Football (we play a big rival)
Week 1 of Kansas Middle School Football (my oldest is in 8th grade)

All of those games happen on this Thursday. Could be a great day or an absolute dumpster fire but I can't wait.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm so excited. This is a great week.

Week 1 of Nebraska Football
Week 1 of Kansas High School Football (we play a big rival)
Week 1 of Kansas Middle School Football (my oldest is in 8th grade)

All of those games happen on this Thursday. Could be a great day or an absolute dumpster fire but I can't wait.
My daughter starts tee ball next Saturday morning, Colorado day. Going to be a very emotional morning for me, I understand.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My daughter starts tee ball next Saturday morning, Colorado day. Going to be a very emotional morning for me, I understand.
I have been coaching my sons 8th grade class since they were all kindergartners. We did flag football for 6 years, then in 6th grade played a few tackle football games. Last year we had to start 7-8 of them vs mostly 8th grade teams because the class ahead of them isn't very big or very good. So they took some licks last year.

I know it sounds crazy (or maybe just weird) but having now 9 years invested into that group and getting to see them go out and play, and hopefully play well is emotional. Plus football means a lot of my family and particularly my oldest son. I dunno, you put a lot of work into something it's easy to be invested.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I have been coaching my sons 8th grade class since they were all kindergartners. We did flag football for 6 years, then in 6th grade played a few tackle football games. Last year we had to start 7-8 of them vs mostly 8th grade teams because the class ahead of them isn't very big or very good. So they took some licks last year.

I know it sounds crazy (or maybe just weird) but having now 9 years invested into that group and getting to see them go out and play, and hopefully play well is emotional. Plus football means a lot of my family and particularly my oldest son. I dunno, you put a lot of work into something it's easy to be invested.
That's incredible man, good for you! Me and the wife are in discussions for baby #2, I know I put the health factors in a different thread. I hope to have a son if we do have another go at it, to experience those things, but we'll see. I played baseball all my life, hung it up almost a decade ago now, Watching her give it a go for the first time in her life, it'll have me thinking about all the hours and days and years my dad spent with me trying to get better and it'll be a roller coaster for me that morning. It's crazy because her coach will be essentially a reincarnation of my head coach growing up, which makes me happy because he was incredible 20 years ago. Gonna be really cool and I'm going to try my best to just spectate and encourage instead of trying to jump in any time my competitiveness strikes on something I know well lol

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds