Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Minnesota Game Week Thread (3 Viewers)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Dude isn't your daughter like 2?
Yep, almost 2 and a half. Trying to keep her busy on the weekends, this is really the only thing other than soccer offered in the area for kids as young as her and it was either tee ball or soccer again. Tee ball was my call so we'll see how she does.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yep, almost 2 and a half. Trying to keep her busy on the weekends, this is really the only thing other than soccer offered in the area for kids as young as her and it was either tee ball or soccer again. Tee ball was my call so we'll see how she does.
I think when our kids were 2 and 3 they played something called blastball, basically hit it off a tee and run to 1 base that made a noise when you stepped on it. I figured out early on that it was evented so moms could put pictures of their kids playing on instagram.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Like you, I was a baseball player, and I just got my son his first glove for his third birthday last month. But he's nowhere fucking close to being ready for tee ball. Unlike soccer, baseball actually requires an attention span and knowing what to do aside from "kick the ball".

I hope it goes well for her though.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I have been coaching my sons 8th grade class since they were all kindergartners. We did flag football for 6 years, then in 6th grade played a few tackle football games. Last year we had to start 7-8 of them vs mostly 8th grade teams because the class ahead of them isn't very big or very good. So they took some licks last year.

I know it sounds crazy (or maybe just weird) but having now 9 years invested into that group and getting to see them go out and play, and hopefully play well is emotional. Plus football means a lot of my family and particularly my oldest son. I dunno, you put a lot of work into something it's easy to be invested.
Man, tough luck that you're going to miss their first 8th grade game pregaming for the Huskers. I'm sure by this point they know you well enough to understand, though. There will be more 8th grade games.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Anyone else just not worried about this Minnesota game at all?

James Bond Cigarette GIF

I fail to see why this game should concern us in the least.

Tom Cruise Sunglasses GIF by Top Gun

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Anyone else just not worried about this Minnesota game at all?

James Bond Cigarette GIF

I fail to see why this game should concern us in the least.

Tom Cruise Sunglasses GIF by Top Gun
I wish I had your confidence! I'm dying over here. I so desperately want to win - not only for the sake of my beloved Huskers, but also because I despise ol' Peej as much as one possibly can.

What's killing me is that I know that this is a very winnable...but I need to see it first. It's not like this Minnesota team is expected to be bad. Sure, they have questions and have to fill holes - but we have plenty of holes and issues too. There is no outcome to this game that would utterly shock me. We could get boat raced (pun not intended...), we could blow the doors off them, or anything in-between. And that is what stresses me out so much...

I don't think I am going to have a solid movement between now and kickoff....

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member

Here in a couple years maybe throw her in a wrestling club.

By the time she's in high school probably going to be the most attainable route for some athletic scholarship dollars and could save you a few bucks down the road if she likes it.

Also convinced wrestling since he was little is why my son doesn't get nervous/scared pitching/batting in baseball.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
kaitlin olson GIF by The Mick

Lil ducky back to cunting up threads again like the Cockeye tater he is. Have fun stroking papa klan and baby klans balls.
Ah shucks!!! I gave an opinion on the single digits that wasn’t a Rhule fluff piece and you all shut down!! Don’t talk about supreme leader Rhule that way Ducky!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds