Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mike Gundy?

Our Coaching hires have been a disaster since T.O. quit coaching. Not one of the fired coaches ended up with a Head Coaching job where they were even decent. Callahan got a quick Interim Coach title in the NFL but he is better suited being one of the best O-Line Coaches. Riley ends up in the USFL or whatever those Knock Off NFL Leagues are. Pelini and Solich both were underwhelming at Youngstown St & Ohio University. If you can't even win a Conference Championship in the MAC in almost 20 years, what makes you think you can compete in the B1G? Pelini struggled mightily at Youngstown St.

Our AD's have passed up on so many good coaches to hire Pelini, Riley & Frost. These coaches expressed serious interest in coaching at Nebraska and were not hired, and in some cases not even given any interest:
-Mike Sherman
-Chris Peterson
-Bob Stoopes
-Al Saunders with Kevin Steele as his DC
-Mike Gundy
Throw Gary Patterson in there too. God kill me.

He is one of the most impressive coaches that Eichorst has ever been around
OIP.fUjGdIFYHIeza9gz6o8ZnAHaE8

Our Coaching hires have been a disaster since T.O. quit coaching. Not one of the fired coaches ended up with a Head Coaching job where they were even decent. Callahan got a quick Interim Coach title in the NFL but he is better suited being one of the best O-Line Coaches. Riley ends up in the USFL or whatever those Knock Off NFL Leagues are. Pelini and Solich both were underwhelming at Youngstown St & Ohio University. If you can't even win a Conference Championship in the MAC in almost 20 years, what makes you think you can compete in the B1G? Pelini struggled mightily at Youngstown St.

Our AD's have passed up on so many good coaches to hire Pelini, Riley & Frost. These coaches expressed serious interest in coaching at Nebraska and were not hired, and in some cases not even given any interest:
-Mike Sherman
-Chris Peterson
-Bob Stoopes
-Al Saunders with Kevin Steele as his DC
-Mike Gundy
I can’t go as far as saying every hire was a disaster. Solich and Pelini won around 7 out of 10 games. Callahan also showed some promise and was on his way to putting together one of the best recruiting classes in Nebraska history before he was fired. At the time you could argue they didn’t live up to Nebraska standards, but Nebraska fans would pump their chests out if we got back to winning 9 games. I will say the last two coaches have been total disasters.

I can’t go as far as saying every hire was a disaster. Solich and Pelini won around 7 out of 10 games. Callahan also showed some promise and was on his way to putting together one of the best recruiting classes in Nebraska history before he was fired. At the time you could argue they didn’t live up to Nebraska standards, but Nebraska fans would pump their chests out if we got back to winning 9 games. I will say the last two coaches have been total disasters.
I remember when we used to make fun of Pelini for "only" winning 9 games. Good times.

tenor.gif

That was basically every coach I had growing up in the late 80's/early 90's. I always thought that is how it was done.

I was more pissed about how his defense never evolved. Him being a dick or a fiery coach never phased me.

The idea nobody had crack replace on the simple run play Wisconsin and then Minnesota ran is ridiculous. That’s all it would have taken to prevent about 300 rush yards.

That was basically every coach I had growing up in the late 80's/early 90's. I always thought that is how it was done.

I was more pissed about how his defense never evolved. Him being a dick or a fiery coach never phased me.
The coaches I had as a kid in the early 2000s wouldn’t be allowed to coach todays youth. Taught us how to be men

Anyone know if there was any morsel of truth to the Jim Tressel rumors in 2014 or were those just people going full retard?

In hindsight, if we were still winning 9 games a year and had a competitive program, I'd fully endorse continuing with Bo. I'd even let him berate Nebraskans on a weekly basis. I'd take that over Scott Frost and his .341 program.

Bo was a dick but Frost isn't exactly Mr Personality. He's a sulky, petulant bitch most the time.
Like when the Cockeye were supposedly mimicking the snap count and that was the reason we lost???

Like when the Cockeyes were supposedly mimicking the snap count and that was the reason we lost???
Bo has nothing on Frost as being a cry baby. Frost crying about the snap count and making numerous dumb excuses for losing games was being a bigger bitch than anything Bo ever did in my opinion. The funniest thing about the clapping was that there were no fans. Frost could have simply went off a verbal cadence and he kept dipshit Piper in who kept getting false starts if I remember right.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back