Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mickey indicating he may leave if he doesn't get the job? (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Quarterback
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mickey Joseph too but to say he's a better recruiter than Hartline? By 247 ranks, I count three 5 star and seven 4 star wide receivers on their roster. I don't follow Ohio St. recruiting but it sure looks like Hartline is cleaning up.

View attachment 15033
Yeah. Mickey is a top 5 coach.
But Brian Hartline destroying shit right now.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Potential Hawt Take: I don't think Mickey is as highly regarded as what I've been reading in this thread. Is he a good coach we'd like to keep around? Sure, would be great. Question: If Mickey is that highly regarded, why is he at Nebraska right now? Surely, if he's a top 5 WRs coach he would be elsewhere.

I don't think there's as much leverage as some may think he has. And I definitely am not buying into the narrative of "if he doesn't get the HC job here he'll be the HC somewhere else" thing. I don't think his resume is there. There are a lot of qualified people out there.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mickey Joseph too but to say he's a better recruiter than Hartline? By 247 ranks, I count three 5 star and seven 4 star wide receivers on their roster. I don't follow Ohio St. recruiting but it sure looks like Hartline is cleaning up.

View attachment 15033

Yeah. Mickey is a top 5 coach.
But Brian Hartline destroying shit right now.
A bi-polar, drunken wife beater “cleaned up” at OSU too.
It’s Ohio St, the program recruits itself.
If you put Hartline at Nebraska & Mick at Ohio St, I can guarantee you Hartline doesn’t even come close to the impact Mick has had. He’s just another white guy, in a white state who can’t relate to players. Hartline probably would coach up some walkons to be serviceable tho.
It’s very clear what the requirement is to get better players here. Adding Hartline to Nebraska’s staff would have minimal impact.
He’s not dumb enough to kill the easiest gig he will ever have coaching tho. Ohio St is a machine that runs itself

Herbie

Quarterback
If you put Hartline at Nebraska & Mick at Ohio St, I can guarantee you Hartline doesn’t even come close to the impact Mick has had. He’s just another white guy, in a white state who can’t relate to players. Hartline probably would coach up some walkons to be serviceable tho.
It’s very clear what the requirement is to get better players here. Adding Hartline to Nebraska’s staff would have minimal impact.
He’s not dumb enough to kill the easiest gig he will ever have coaching tho. Ohio St is a machine that runs itself
If you take Palmer out, is anyone talking about a Nebraskas receivers? His impact so far has been bringing Palmer from LSU

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hartline was as an NFL receiver so it seems pretty dumb to say he can't related to players because he's white WADR

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It's not an apples to apples situation comparing Hartline at OSU (who is the top destination for a while for the top receiver recruits) vs Mick at NU. Mick at LSU did more than fine. Mick at NU has done very well in not even a year here. Switch them around and I don't think it would be a big difference either way. Both are excellent.

I don't think Mick has the reputation Hartline has at this point though. I think he would though if Mick was the receivers coach as OSU. Easist place to recruit the most talented receivers in the nation right now.

We got a great one in Mick, no matter how this all turns out, I really hope we get to keep him here regardless of who the head coach ends up being.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds