Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mickey indicating he may leave if he doesn't get the job? (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Interview with Mickey I heard on the Schick and Nick show this morning. Interview is from last week.

Q: Mickey, now that you've assumed the interim role, and are clearly a candidate, does your mind ever go to a place where you would have to decide whether you'd want to remain with the program regardless of the decision Turd makes?

A: Well, right now, we'll make that decision once I get there. I'll give it my brothers, I'll give it my family, and we'll discuss that. Because now, I have to do what is best for my family. And people always say "Stay, stay, stay" you know, but you gotta do what's best for your family. They do what they need to do, and we will do what we need to do. But at the end of the day, you do what's best for your family. You might have to come to that decision, but right now we're not looking that far. We just worried about getting ready for Purdue, but I'm sure once it comes to that time, one thing I can do is I can make tough decisions. And it's not a problem if you look at my resume. We can always move."

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Depending on how things go the rest of the year, he could potentially parlay this interim role into a non-P5 HC gig somewhere else.
Yeah that's my concern. If he has aspirations to be a head coach at the P5/G5 level, at his age, he has to take the opportunity now if the opportunity presents itself.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
A: This is exactly the answer that gets you a raise to stay.

B: The reality is that there is an above average chance that someone somewhere is gonna see what he does here and offer him a head coaching job somewhere else.

So.....

C: This is an answer that you give to generate an offer from those places that'll either end with you getting a raise at Nebraska or moving there.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
A: This is exactly the answer that gets you a raise to stay.

B: The reality is that there is an above average chance that someone somewhere is gonna see what he does here and offer him a head coaching job somewhere else.

So.....

C: This is an answer that you give to generate an offer from those places that'll either end with you getting a raise at Nebraska or moving there.
Same thought, he has a lot of leverage right now, he's probably going to use it to increase his chances for the permanent job or a nice raise.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
I would guess he doesn't know who the coach will be....so how would he know if he'd stay or not?

If I was an interim boss at work and someone asked me would if I would stay, I would answer the same. Not because it hurt my feelings if I didn't it get it but because I might or might not want to work with the new guy. He won't know until he's told who it is....then again, maybe he knows. Hahaha

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Everybody should do what's best for them - Mickey, Turd, the University, etc. I am fine with that, and it's the way it should be.
another way of looking at this is that Mickey's resume will look vastly different at the end of this year. By taking on this role he is helping his alma mater, but his alma mater is also helping him. If he can get a better job after this season than we can give him, more power to him. We should thank him and wish him luck. Money might keep him - it really depends on what he wants his career, and his personal life, to look like long-term.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
" I have to do what is best for my family"

Money should cure that .. Pay the man
Yup, that's the way I took it too. It all depends on who is brought in, what position he is offered and how much they are willing to pay. He is a commodity. But we shouldn't make our HC decision based upon Mickey leaving or staying.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yup, that's the way I took it too. It all depends on who is brought in, what position he is offered and how much they are willing to pay. He is a commodity. But we shouldn't make our HC decision based upon Mickey leaving or staying.
Yeah. I'm in the camp of the new HC should take a long hard look at him and Busch but if they decide to go another direction that's fine too

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds