Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Miami vs Virginia game ending was a Nebraska-esque way to lose a game (2 Viewers)

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I tuned in with Miami down 28-30 with about 4:50 left on the clock. They're on their own side of the field, punch it down to the red zone. Milk the clock and run three running plays up the gut for one yard.

Three seconds left, they attempt a chipshot that bounces of the upright. No good.

I'm not sure if it will make bad beats because I don't know the spread or the O/U, but that ending will probably be somehow eclipsed by Nebraska in two days. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I tuned in with Miami down 28-30 with about 4:50 left on the clock. They're on their own side of the field, punch it down to the red zone. Milk the clock and run three running plays up the gut for one yard.

Three seconds left, they attempt a chip shot that bounces off the upright. No good.

I'm not sure if it will make bad beats because I don't know the spread or the O/U, but that ending will probably be somehow eclipsed by Nebraska in two days. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.
You hate to see it ...

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Miami is really bad this season. The circumstances of the loss do seem Husker-esque, but their effort level and defensive fundamentals are atrocious.

The Canes lead Power 5 football in missed tackles by a very wide margin.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'll never quite understand how it's possible for Miami and FSU to be as bad as they are with the Recruiting options they have

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I understand not wanting to give the ball back to Virginia, but I thought it was really stupid to not try to score a TD. The Miami D had been playing better the second half and Virginia's offense was struggling the second half. Plus Virginia would have had to score a TD to respond if Miami scored. Playing for a FG seemed like an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll never quite understand how it's possible for Miami and FSU to be as bad as they are with the Recruiting options they have

FSU yes, Miami not so much. Unless things have been upgraded recently, their facilities are bottom tier in college football. Literally zero fan support = no revenue and to my knowledge very little booster support when compared to teams like FSU, Nebraska, etc. Couple that with high $ buyouts from several failed coaching hires/fires and you have a recipe for disaster.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
FSU yes, Miami not so much. Unless things have been upgraded recently, their facilities are bottom tier in college football. Literally zero fan support = no revenue and to my knowledge very little booster support when compared to teams like FSU, Nebraska, etc. Couple that with high $ buyouts from several failed coaching hires/fires and you have a recipe for disaster.
Hmmmm, interesting. So they're basically a successful coach away from being back?

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I understand not wanting to give the ball back to Virginia, but I thought it was really stupid to not try to score a TD. The Miami D had been playing better the second half and Virginia's offense was struggling the second half. Plus Virginia would have had to score a TD to respond if Miami scored. Playing for a FG seemed like an incredibly stupid thing to do.
was confused by that, too. they didn't even have to do anything fancy, just a qb bootleg or roll out option pass. they basically just forfeited 3 downs and kicked.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds