Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

Sipple this am

Huffman excited by O-lineman’s potential​

Huffman is also excited about the potential of Jacob Arop, Bellevue West’s class of 2024 offensive tackle.

Arop, who stands 6-5½ and weighs 260 pounds, comes from an ultra-athletic family.

He’s on Nebraska offensive line coach Donovan Raiola’s radar.

“(Raiola) point-blank told Jacob, ‘If you do great at (Nebraska’s) camp, Matt Rhule will offer you,’” Huffman told me. “(Raiola) said they are into molding and developing football players.

“It’s been a long time since that’s been the norm in college football, at least around here.”

Arop’s family includes brother Aguek Arop, who was a key cog for the San Diego State men’s basketball team that this season finished runner-up in the NCAA Tournament.

Nebraska hosting Utah transfer portal offensive lineman Tyler Knaak​

Sean Callahan • 05/22/23
Tyler-Knaak
(Photo courtesy of Justin Wells/Inside Texas)

Nebraska is not done trying to add to the 2023 football roster. HuskerOnline confirmed on Monday with Utah transfer portal offensive tackle Tyler Knaak that he is on an official visit to Lincoln.

The 6-foot-6, 305-pound Knaak resides out of Cottonwood Heights (Utah) and will have four years of remaining eligibility after redshirting this past season in Salt Lake City. He got to Lincoln on Sunday and will leave Tuesday morning.

Knaak was highly regarded out of high school with scholarship offers from USC, Utah, Oregon State, Arizona State and Virginia.

Tyler Knaak would fill a long-term need for Nebraska​

Head coach Matt Rhule and his staff have been very particular about adding new players throughout the spring transfer portal cycle.

In December, we saw the Huskers add 11 scholarship players from the transfer portal. They have not added any scholarship players from the portal since then.

If NU could land Knaak, it will fill some of the void of losing out on Stanford’s Walter Rouse to Oklahoma.

Rouse was committed to Nebraska for a few days before switching to the Sooners.

The other big difference is Knaak would have four years to learn and develop at Nebraska, whereas Rouse had just one season of eligibility remaining.

The tackle position on the offensive line continues to be one of the more questionable, as the Huskers have three veteran players returning in Teddy Prochazka, Bryce Benhart and Turner Corcoran. Still, after that, there is not much depth in the program.

NU’s players are on break and will not return to Lincoln until May 31 to begin summer workouts.

Last edited:

Sipple this am

Huffman excited by O-lineman’s potential​

Huffman is also excited about the potential of Jacob Arop, Bellevue West’s class of 2024 offensive tackle.

Arop, who stands 6-5½ and weighs 260 pounds, comes from an ultra-athletic family.

He’s on Nebraska offensive line coach Donovan Raiola’s radar.

“(Raiola) point-blank told Jacob, ‘If you do great at (Nebraska’s) camp, Matt Rhule will offer you,’” Huffman told me. “(Raiola) said they are into molding and developing football players.

“It’s been a long time since that’s been the norm in college football, at least around here.”

Arop’s family includes brother Aguek Arop, who was a key cog for the San Diego State men’s basketball team that this season finished runner-up in the NCAA Tournament.
Are all of these Arops and Agaus related? They never end

2024 QB Kamari McClellan's recruitment going through a shift​

Jeremy Johnson•about 2 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Jeremy Johnson
JeremyO_Johnson
2024-qb-kamari-mcclellans-recruitment-going-through-a-shift
Photo by Jeremy Johnson/On3
Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville 2024 quarterback Kamari McClellan has seen an uptick in interest from a few new programs.
McClellan has his recruitment wide open at this point.
“I have a few schools hitting me up and everything is still open and I’m trying to see what I like,” McClellan told On3.
McClellan is looking for a program that is really all in on him. He wants to be a priority for a program as his recruitment goes through its latest shuffle.

Kamari McClellan’s board filling with new programs​

His board has begun to fill after multiple programs have become more aggressive after the quarterback dominoes have fallen around the country.
The latest and perhaps the largest quarterback domino fell last week as the No. 1 overall prospect in the On3 Industry rankings Dylan Raiola, pledged to Georgia.
That decision has left Nebraska, USC and others without a 2024 signal caller. Coincidently, McClellan has been in touch with both programs.
McClellan has already set a visit to Lincoln to visit Nebraska for June 4. He doesn’t have an offer from the Cornhuskers as of now. McClellan can feel a relationship in its early stages and hopes things can kick up a bit once he takes the visit in June. McClellan had a previous relationship with new Nebraska offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield from his time at South Carolina.
“I really just started talking to Nebraska and coach Satterfield just got there,” McClellan said. “When he hit me up, I started into them.”
McClellan has also heard from Baylor. The Bears are working to get McClellan on campus for a visit this summer. The Bears haven’t offered McClellan as of now. But he is also planning on taking a deeper look at the Bears at some point this summer as well.
“They’re trying to get me down there and get on a visit and get in the film room with them,” McClellan said.
Clemson has also re-emerged for McClellan. The Tigers were in the hunt for four-star Air Noland for a while. The Tigers haven’t offered a quarterback since Noland pledged to Ohio State in April.
McClellan has camped at Clemson in the past. He’s set to visit the Tigers again on May 31. It will be an unofficial visit.
On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine has South Carolina currently at the top for McClellan. The Gamecocks have a 67.2 percent chance of landing the three-star signal caller according to RPM.

2024 QB Kamari McClellan's recruitment going through a shift​

Jeremy Johnson•about 2 hours
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Jeremy Johnson
JeremyO_Johnson
2024-qb-kamari-mcclellans-recruitment-going-through-a-shift
Photo by Jeremy Johnson/Tater Island
Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville 2024 quarterback Kamari McClellan has seen an uptick in interest from a few new programs.
McClellan has his recruitment wide open at this point.
“I have a few schools hitting me up and everything is still open and I’m trying to see what I like,” McClellan told Tater Island.
McClellan is looking for a program that is really all in on him. He wants to be a priority for a program as his recruitment goes through its latest shuffle.

Kamari McClellan’s board filling with new programs​

His board has begun to fill after multiple programs have become more aggressive after the quarterback dominoes have fallen around the country.
The latest and perhaps the largest quarterback domino fell last week as the No. 1 overall prospect in the Tater Island Industry rankings Dylan Raiola, pledged to Georgia.
That decision has left Nebraska, USC and others without a 2024 signal caller. Coincidently, McClellan has been in touch with both programs.
McClellan has already set a visit to Lincoln to visit Nebraska for June 4. He doesn’t have an offer from the Cornhuskers as of now. McClellan can feel a relationship in its early stages and hopes things can kick up a bit once he takes the visit in June. McClellan had a previous relationship with new Nebraska offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield from his time at South Carolina.
“I really just started talking to Nebraska and coach Satterfield just got there,” McClellan said. “When he hit me up, I started into them.”
McClellan has also heard from Baylor. The Bears are working to get McClellan on campus for a visit this summer. The Bears haven’t offered McClellan as of now. But he is also planning on taking a deeper look at the Bears at some point this summer as well.
“They’re trying to get me down there and get on a visit and get in the film room with them,” McClellan said.
Clemson has also re-emerged for McClellan. The Tigers were in the hunt for four-starAir Nolandfor a while. The Tigers haven’t offered a quarterback since Noland pledged to Ohio State in April.
McClellan has camped at Clemson in the past. He’s set to visit the Tigers again on May 31. It will be an unofficial visit.
Tater Island’s Recruiting Prediction Machine has South Carolina currently at the top for McClellan. The Gamecocks have a 67.2 percent chance of landing the three-star signal caller according to RPM.
I'd assume if this visit still happens, the only way the door opens for a commitable offer is if something happens with Kaelin unexpectedly. Or would we take 2 QBs with our room being a bit light?

I'd assume if this visit still happens, the only way the door opens for a commitable offer is if something happens with Kaelin unexpectedly. Or would we take 2 QBs with our room being a bit light?
to me it is curious this is still going on. I can't see us taking another QB. Kaelin makes four schollies. Could be they hope he walks on, but that seems to be a very long shot. Someone once mentioned his grades are low, but there is no GPA on his Hudl site so I don't know - if so could they be trying to direct him to a JC?

I think this visit may simply disappear from the schedule in the next ten days.

I'm guessing this guy didn't do much research before writing that article and had no idea that we got our QB already...considering he said that we are left without a QB...

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back