Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

Wonder who's in town.

Tim And Eric Smile GIF

Sean just said he thinks it is a transfer OL and he is trying to confirm.
That would be huge. I give Dean as much shit as anyone and part of that is trying to get him to do his job a bit differently. Tired of him just being a bought & paid mouthpiece for the program. Good for him actually breaking something besides wind. Big Visitor on Campus!!!!

Okay, there really aren't any big name available OTs in the portal. For IOL, though, the highest ranked remaining guy is Hunter Deyo from Lewis Central. A definite possibility; not a game changer by any means
Deyo seems like he'd be a walk on candidate based on the offers he's gotten since he went in the portal

If you are thinking flips, this OT could be a possibility

Default Avatar
OT
Cam'Ron Johnson
RS-SO6-4291
Shadow Creek(Pearland, TX)

COMMITTED​

5/06/23

I say that because he committed to Mizzou May 6, we just got Kaelin, and Mizzou's recruiting is tanking

12th rated OT in the portal this year, from the Houston Cougars

If you are thinking flips, this OT could be a possibility

Default Avatar
OT
Cam'Ron Johnson
RS-SO6-4291
Shadow Creek(Pearland, TX)

COMMITTED​

5/06/23

I say that because he committed to Mizzou May 6, we just got Kaelin, and Mizzou's recruiting is tanking

12th rated OT in the portal this year, from the Houston Cougars

I would nut a river.

As fans we know we need immediate help at OT. But I keep seeing things that suggest the staff is concerned more about the roster in two years. There was noise that they thought we needed more guard bodies in the freshman/sophomore contingent, which points to Deyo, I'd guess.

A poster on HOL, with no attribution to any sources whatsoever, is saying it is Tyler Knaak from Utah. Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 12.36.28 PM.png

From official Utah site:
2022: Did not see action.

High School: Three-star recruit out of Brighton HS is rated the No. 17 prospect in Utah on 247Sports.
  • First-team all-region selection.
  • Started out in high school as a defensive lineman, making the switch before his senior season to the offensive line.
  • Had 72 pancakes his senior year with an overall grade of 86-percent.
  • Totaled 19 tackles during his junior season on the defensive line.
  • High school wrestler in the heavyweight class posted a 14-1 record before suffering a season ending injury.

If they fill the roster distribution this way, it makes me think they believe a number of the current linemen who have two playing years left may be gone after this year. Otherwise, why not use the spot on a freshman OT?

He was co-number 2 LT coming out of spring practice.

85" wingspan

wrestler in HS

CLASS: 2022

RANKING: 247Sports: 84 three-star | Composite: .8519 three-star

UTAH CAREER: After just one year in the program, Tyler Knaak has entered the transfer portal. Knaak did not see action on the field this past season.

REACTION: A tough departure to see and a decision that was probably tough to come to terms with, Knaak has been a great ambassador of the program since joining last summer. A local product out of Brighton, Knaak was a late bloomer his senior year and earned multiple scholarship offers from Pac-12 programs. Utah was able to keep him home out of high school but with the offensive line talent that has and will continue to join the program, Knaak will be better positioned for playing time at another good school.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back