Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

Top247 edge Jacob Smith is in a unique spot to take part in two official visits to Michigan in June, but Kentucky and Nebraska will also host the Cheshire (Conn.) Academy standout.​

Brian DohnBRIAN DOHN84 minsVIP5

CHESHIRE, Conn. -- Top247 edge Jacob Smith is in a unique position of being part of two official visits to a school in June, but he said other schools remain on his mind as well.

The two visits will be to Michigan. He will go on an official visit there June 2, and then will return June 23 when his brother, Wolverines commit Jerod Smith, makes his official visit.

Jacob Smith, who plays at Cheshire Academy, also has a mid-week (June 13-15) official visit set to Kentucky, and a June 16 official visit set to Nebraska.

Although Smith has a top six that also includes Alabama, Georgia and Notre Dame, his focus is on the three schools he is officially visiting.

"It's more relaxing than anything," the 6-foo-4. 230-pound Smith said about his trimmed list.

Michigan gets the first (and last) crack at Smith, who loves the combination of football and academics.

"It's Michigan," he said. "I've seen them develop people at my position. I've seen them get to the next level. I've seen what they can do and they are called Edge Rush U, and that's why I do. If I was a middle linebacker, I'd probably go to Penn State."

Smith has strong ties with the state of Kentucky, which is where he began his high school career.

"That's my home," he said. "I grew up there for like six years, plus I was born in Lexington. I always watched Kentucky baskeball. Maybe not too much football because they just got on the uphill spiral for football, but that's my home town. I have a bunch of family and friends there."

Nebraska already hosted Smith on an unofficial visit, so getting him back for an official visit is paramount to landing him.

"Small town feel, just like where I came from," he said. "It has a nice family feel. I feel like I can touch the field early, but I feel like I can touch the field early wherever I go. That's the goal."

When it comes time to pick a school, Smith said it will come down to feel.

"I need it to click," he said. "I need everything to click. No second guessing. Just go there and make my decision and be ok with it and not have to re-think it."

As for his brother being committed to Michigan, and Jerod recruiting him to join the class, Jacob said he is speaking to his brother about the other two schools.

"Kentucky and Nebraska," Jacob said. "See if he will flip. Test the waters. He's not budging right now, though, but we'll see."

Comme

I didn't get a chance to talk to Dae'vonn today, but my wife and I talked with his mom (my first time talking with her) and dad said that he talked with his dad.

Per my dad, via Dae'vonn's dad, he really doesn't think Kaelin's decision will effect his too much. Keep in mind, I don't think his dad is too terribly involved in his recruitment.

Talking with Dae'vonn's mom, she was super happy for Danny. She said that this is really what he wanted all along. She talked about how Rhule seems to be one of the few coaches that doesn't "play the game," and tells it like it is. She seems to really like Rhule. She also said that they are just ready to be done with this whole process. That being said, I don't think a decision is coming too soon. She also said that Dae'vonn will be graduating in December. Lastly, this trip to Tennessee will be his last visit before his OVs. Tennessee really wanted him to come so they could see him in person.

Cockeye…
laughs GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back