Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
If Raiola's NIL, which I believe one of the insideher sources said was well north of six figures, was used for 10-15 scholarship players to walk on, then absofuckinglutely. Plus, if Raiola committed, then we all know he would be downgraded to a three star athlete.
Ok. Take 10 walkons. Maybe get one starter out of the group. Maybe a couple of special teams contributors. And you’d take that over the best player in the country at the most important position in sports? I would absofuckinglutly not make that choice.

The right QB can turn around a program. 10-15 walk-ons can provide depth on the scout team with the best case scenario being one of them turns into Luke Reimer.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ok. Take 10 walkons. Maybe get one starter out of the group. Maybe a couple of special teams contributors. And you’d take that over the best player in the country at the most important position in sports? I would absofuckinglutly not make that choice.

The right QB can turn around a program. 10-15 walk-ons can provide depth on the scout team with the best case scenario being one of them turns into Luke Reimer.
Reimer wasn't even really a walk on. Just had to wait a year.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member

You realize that these are not normal walk-ons? These are scholarship type players taking NIL money, so they can walk-on instead of adding to our scholarship numbers. Plus we have someone who can actually evaluate and developed talent. Raiola could take the bag of money and run without even playing a down. Multiple QBs have done that. I'd rather take the guys that play hard for that free tuition money who will probably be on scholarship next year anyway.

Last edited:

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
some comments by Tim Prister of 247's Notre Dame site on Rezac

• When I think of…Notre Dame offering a scholarship to prep linebacker Teddy Rezac -- the three-star, No. 950 prospect in the Class of 2024 out of Omaha, Neb. -- it’s a decision that better hit should Rezac choose the Irish, otherwise Marcus Freeman and Al Golden will be living that down for the rest of their time at Notre Dame.

At a time in college football when NIL, the transfer portal and the overall volatile nature of today’s recruiting game has programs shooting for the stars, the Irish can’t afford to miss on a prospect that fits the old mold that often was enough through the years at Notre Dame.

The news of Notre Dame’s recruitment of Rezac prompted me to go back to the Class of 2019 when Single A linebacker Jack Kiser was pegged by defensive coordinator Clark Lea. Kiser came from Pioneer High School in Royal Center, Ind. – population 787.

Not that Rezac comes from a small town. But I wondered what Kiser’s ranking was compared to Rezac’s. I was surprised to see Kiser as the No. 409 composite prospect. I’m sure he was considerably lower than that before he was bumped up to reflect Notre Dame’s interest.

I saw something interesting to go along with that. JD Bertrand was the No. 358 composite prospect that recruiting cycle. Marist Liufau was No. 457. Oh, and Cam Hart – listed as a receiver – was No. 635.

Let the record show that Lea’s instincts about Kiser were correct. While some may bemoan Notre Dame’s linebacker play in recent years, Kiser was – play-for-play – the most productive player on the defensive roster in 2022. Lea was right about Kiser.

Also let the record show that I said Notre Dame was reaching too early for Kiser who, along with Bertrand, have become the clear leaders/brain trust of the Irish defense. Regardless of what you think of their play and who should be playing/being recruited to play linebacker for the Irish, those two are considered invaluable pieces in the minds of the Notre Dame coaching staff.

And lastly, for the record, I think Rezac has all the physical skills to be a quality Rover on the next level. I’m not saying he’ll reach that level. I’m saying he shouldn’t have physical limitations preventing success, as long as he can reach the 225-pound or so range.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If anyone is interested, this is the current Rivals-247-On.3 Composite OVs (June 23-25 is the "big weekend")

June 2
Jacory Barney, ATH, Miami FL
Caleb Pyfrom, OT, Omaha
Peyton Morgan. S, Pflugerville TX

June 13
Coen Echols, OT, Katy, TX

June 16
Jacob Smith, Edge, Cheshire CT (shows as June 9 in 247)
Joseph Anderson, Edge, St Louis, MO

June 23
Adam Kissayi, Edge, Palm Bay, FL
Ernest Campbell, WR, Refugio, TX
Isaiah McMorris, WR, Bellevue
Dae'vonn Hall, WR, Bellevue

(so far we have commitments of one of each of the following: S, LB, TE, IOL, ATH, DL)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds