Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Spoke with Dae'vonn's dad briefly tonight.

Couple of things that you need to understand first about this situation. First, the Halls are amazing people and a great family. Dae'vonn and his brother are both adopted. The Hall's had kids of their own, but decided to foster (and eventually adopt) Dae'vonn and his brother after their kids were a little older. Dae'vonn's mom and dad are actually closer to being his grandparents' age - I'd guess early 60's.

I say this just to help you understand that their perspective of Dae'vonn's recruitment is different. In fact, Dae'vonn's dad doesn't seem very involved with his recruitment at all, his mom seems much more involved. For example, when I brought up Dae'vonn's official visit to DONU, he told me that Dae'vonn actually won't be able to make it because they will be out of town. I was super surprised to hear this and pushed a bit more.

His dad asked me if the visit was supposed to be 5/23 or 6/23. I told him 6/23, he laughed and said that Dae'vonn told them about the visit on the 23rd, and they asked him if it was for May or June...and he said he didn't know. He laughed again at the idea of learning this information from me. 6/23 shouldn't be a problem and he should still be visiting.

I explicitly asked him about Arkansas and he said that they have been reaching out to him more lately, but Penn St is still his #1. But he said it is still early and a lot will change. Lastly, he said that they are planning to get out and visit Tennessee in a few weeks. He doesn't have an offer from them yet, but he wants to get out and see it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Couple of things that you need to understand first about this situation. First, the Halls are amazing people and a great family. Dae'vonn and his brother are both adopted. The Hall's had kids of their own, but decided to foster (and eventually adopt) Dae'vonn and his brother after their kids were a little older. Dae'vonn's mom and dad are actually closer to being his grandparents' age - I'd guess early 60's.

I say this just to help you understand that their perspective of Dae'vonn's recruitment is different. In fact, Dae'vonn's dad doesn't seem very involved with his recruitment at all, his mom seems much more involved. For example, when I brought up Dae'vonn's official visit to DONU, he told me that Dae'vonn actually won't be able to make it because they will be out of town. I was super surprised to hear this and pushed a bit more.

His dad asked me if the visit was supposed to be 5/23 or 6/23. I told him 6/23, he laughed and said that Dae'vonn told them about the visit on the 23rd, and they asked him if it was for May or June...and he said he didn't know. He laughed again at the idea of learning this information from me. 6/23 shouldn't be a problem and he should still be visiting.

I explicitly asked him about Arkansas and he said that they have been reaching out to him more lately, but Penn St is still his #1. But he said it is still early and a lot will change. Lastly, he said that they are planning to get out and visit Tennessee in a few weeks. He doesn't have an offer from them yet, but he wants to get out and see it.
Great info on this as always.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member

I don’t know if it is good or bad for his recruitment per se, but it is refreshing that his parents seem super normal and kind. Like, based on your description I can’t imagine his dad holding teams hostage for NIL 😂

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know if it is good or bad for his recruitment per se, but it is refreshing that his parents seem super normal and kind. Like, based on your description I can’t imagine his dad holding teams hostage for NIL 😂
On the other side, I'm glad he has an experienced HS coach and peers going through the same process. Otherwise, because he likes Penn St so much, without good advice he end up in a bad spot since they have him way down their board.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
He would certainly make this list. His 10.1 time listed here isn’t wind legal at +2.1 m/s (cut off is 2.0). That being said, according to this article, the fastest wind legal time is 10.0 by Trentavis Friday in 2014. The fastest all weather time was run this year by Issam Asinga at 9.83 and +2.6 wind (he also ran 9.86 with +4.1) and Boling’s 9.98 time was +4.2. Bottom line: he is hauling ass.
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
On the other side, I'm glad he has an experienced HS coach and peers going through the same process. Otherwise, because he likes Penn St so much, without good advice he end up in a bad spot since they have him way down their board.
If I'm being honest, while Penn St is still in the lead, I just a feeling that he will end up with Nebraska. I think this OV is going to be a big deal for him. Just a feeling I get. His dad is a fan of Rhule and his faith.

His dad also talked about how exhausting this process has been for Dae'vonn. He said that he has about 10 coaches that are reaching out to him multiple times a day, everyday. I know the Penn St reporter said that he doesn't think Dae'vonn is super high on their board, but they are one of the schools reaching out to him daily. That being said, he is a pretty low-key kid. He takes a lot of pride in the offers, but doesn't like the constant attention.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds