Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

I'm guessing that's the brother of this kid

Non interesting fact about Pleasant Grove High School. They ended my junior and senior baseball seasons in the playoffs, and ended my freshman and sophomore seasons in the football playoffs.

A few things:

1) Aside from the rugby background, his Hudl film is really fun to watch. He plays fast af and is an aggressive tackler.

2) I kind of call BS on the “rover” comment by Greg, I think he is great playing down hill and will be a menace in the backfield blitzing from a LB position. I can’t really see moving a guy from MLB to safety regardless of the more limited coverage for the rover position. Love Greg, he may end up being correct, but disagree for now.

3) He is my new favorite recruit. I mean look at his MaxPreps profile pic lol
IMG_0658.jpeg

Edit: he arm tackles more than he should and seems shy taking on blockers at times so I definitely get the “walk-on” piece to this. But he seems like a great athlete they can develop into a more technically sound football player.

Last edited:
Interesting with these out of state walkons. I wonder if these are kids that had intended to play FCS or D2 ball but Nebraska is using NIL to get them here and take a chance. If they develop, great, if not…place them somewhere
At least with Rhule we know they have done their due diligence and are bringing these guys in to contribute in some way and not just bringing in bodies.

Interesting with these out of state walkons. I wonder if these are kids that had intended to play FCS or D2 ball but Nebraska is using NIL to get them here and take a chance. If they develop, great, if not…place them somewhere
I would easily take this then one big payday for getting Raiola.

A few things:

1) Aside from the rugby background, his Hudl film is really fun to watch. He plays fast af and is an aggressive tackler.

2) I kind of call BS on the “rover” comment by Greg, I think he is great playing down hill and will be a menace in the backfield blitzing from a LB position. I can’t really see moving a guy from MLB to safety regardless of the more limited coverage for the rover position. Love Greg, he may end up being correct, but disagree for now.

3) He is my new favorite recruit. I mean look at his MaxPreps profile pic lol
View attachment 22848

Edit: he arm tackles more than he should and seems shy taking on blockers at times so I definitely get the “walk-on” piece to this. But he seems like a great athlete they can develop into a more technically sound football player.
How about those black eyes

Any news on Hall @Lionsfan93 ? (besides the OV being set lol)
I'll check in and see what I can learn. His dad is in a wedding Friday that my daughters are the flower girls, so I'll see if I can chat with his dad a bit.
Yes, it would be interesting to see what happened to Penn St and Hall. Dean said Arkansas was hiss biggest player excluding Nebraska
I can't imagine that Dean is right. Maybe something changed in the last two weeks, but he explicitly old me two weeks ago that Penn St was his #1.

I'll check in and see what I can learn. His dad is in a wedding Friday that my daughters are the flower girls, so I'll see if I can chat with his dad a bit.

I can't imagine that Dean is right. Maybe something changed in the last two weeks, but he explicitly old me two weeks ago that Penn St was his #1.
for reference this is what 247 Arkansas said last Friday:

DAE'VONN HALL | 6-1, 180 | Bellevue (NE) West | * * * | No. 51 WR | WARM

Hall has already made one trip to Fayetteville earlier this year and recently said that he's trying to schedule an official visit with the Razorbacks. Nebraska has been given a low-confidence Crystal Ball prediction, so far.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back