Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

I'll check in and see what I can learn. His dad is in a wedding Friday that my daughters are the flower girls, so I'll see if I can chat with his dad a bit.

I can't imagine that Dean is right. Maybe something changed in the last two weeks, but he explicitly old me two weeks ago that Penn St was his #1.
This is what Ryan Snyder, On.3 Penn State staff member, posted April 27 about PSU's WR recruiting

Top guys - Nick Marsh, Josiah Brown, Jaylan Hornsby, Chance Robinson. I think they're the four players PSU is putting the majority of its efforts towards currently.

- Jerrae Hawkins is in the mix, but they have some things they want to see during the eval period.

- They're still very high on Keylen Adams, but that doesn't feel like it's trending in PSU's direction currently.

- Penn State's recruiting staff is working hard to try and pin down an official visit with Ryan Wingo, but even if they do get him on campus for an OV, they're outside of his top three currently.

- I wouldn't be surprised if Tyseer Denmark takes an official visit. That recruitment isn't done.

- Dae'vonn Hall is another player that I could see returning for an OV, but he's not a player they're pushing all out for currently. Hall is high on PSU though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up on campus that last weekend in June or something like that.

come on chunk GIF

the goonies 80s GIF

The Goonies GIF

This kid finally grew up and now he's a high level prospect!

Wait. Did you just say you’d rather get quality walk-ons than a 5-star quarterback who is the No. 1 recruit in the nation?
If Raiola's NIL, which I believe one of the insideher sources said was well north of six figures, was used for 10-15 scholarship players to walk on, then absofuckinglutely. Plus, if Raiola committed, then we all know he would be downgraded to a three star athlete.

I can see losing kids to Georgia or Notre Dame. Please don't add Illinois or Minnesota to the list..

Caleb Pyfrom sets three Big Ten visits

Omaha Central lineman Caleb Pyfrom knows at least three visits this summer

Mike SchaeferMIKE SCHAEFER2 hrsVIP1

Omaha Central offensive lineman Caleb Pyfrom will have a very strong Big Ten feel to his official visit list as he’s begun lining up dates for those trips.

Pyfrom, who has been in Lincoln multiple times this spring, gets back to Nebraska’s campus to start things off in June. The lineman plans to be on campus June 2-4.

Nebraska hasn’t been by Central yet this spring, but a visit is likely coming soon from Donovan Raiola or another assistant. The Huskers have been out on the road most of May.

The lineman’s next visit will be Minnesota for June 16-18. The Gophers have been getting more involved in recruiting Pyfrom and the lineman said the Gophers stopped by Central this month.

Following that Pyfrom has an official visit set with Illinois, another school that has stopped by Central this spring. The lineman will be in Champaign June 23-25.

The three-star lineman holds 11 offers and has received renewed interest from Oklahoma, which stopped by Central as well. Pyfrom continues to hear from Cockeye and Penn State, two schools he mentioned he'd like to visit, but has not set up trips yet with either.

There are no Crystal Ball predictions for Pyfrom at this time.

Life comes at you fast.

Dean post from 2:18 this afternoon:

“Those balls all dropped when he didn't have the NU offer. Now he does. I just made mine for Nebraska.”
This Rezac thing has been another Dean/Rss instant classic.

Dean reports that ND was shocked he didn't have a power 5 offer only for someone to note BC offered him like a month ago. Only for Dean to double down on how "well no one really follows BC offers so it's not that big of deal"

Then you've got the man, the myth, the legend, oldred saying he'd have had a better chance at an offer from Rhule if he was from Texas

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back