Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread (6 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
class of 23 - assume walk-on

On the USA Junior National Rugby team

First team all conference LB in the league Mater Dei plays in, led that league in tackles

Strong rugby background worked out well for us with Stewart Bradley as a linebacker. He obviously played well with the big boys in his conference in football. This could end up being a decent pick up.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Excerpt from today's Mitch Sherman story in The Athletic

Recruiting progress inside the state of Nebraska often provides a bellwether for the Huskers’ success overall. What local players think of the program, other prospects learn after more exposure to the coaching staff.

Ten players in the state hold Power 5 offers. Nebraska has offered eight, including both who are committed elsewhere — Bellevue West QB Daniel Kaelin to Missouri and Papillion-LaVista tight end Eric Ingwerson.

Lineman Ashton Murphy of Elkhorn South is the lone in-state commit for the Huskers.

Nebraska has not offered Omaha Westside athlete Teddy Rezac, offered Friday by Notre Dame in a move that resonated around the Metro Conference.

Boston College previously offered. Missouri jumped in this week.

“I don’t know if it’s overdue or unexpected,” Westside coach Paul Limongi said. “I just know he’s a phenomenal player.”

Rezac’s twin brother, Anthony, quarterbacked the Warriors to a Class A state championship as a junior. Air Force, Army and Navy have offered him. More invitations are coming for both Rezacs, Limongi said.

Westside athlete Caleb Benning, offered by several Big Ten and Big 12 schools, including Nebraska, has also been popular with visiting coaches this spring. But he’s not in a rush to make a choice, according to Limongi.

Nebraska special teams coordinator Ed Foley is back on his statewide driving tour, but the Huskers had yet to visit Westside this month as of Monday night, Limongi said. The Warriors also feature linebacker Christian Jones, the No. 1-ranked prospect in Nebraska for the Class of 2025. He has offers aplenty, including one from Nebraska.

Jones’ physical condition has turned heads this offseason. At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, he’s run the 100 meters in 10.9 seconds and posted in excess of 50 feet in the shot put.

• Foley was at Bellevue West Monday to check on four-star wide receivers Dae’vonn Hall and Isaiah McMorris, the Nos. 2- and 3-rated prospects in Nebraska for 2024. They’ve drawn attention from the likes of USC, Oklahoma and Penn State.

But Nebraska is on the rise. Credit goes to first-year receivers coach Garret McGuire.

“They love him,” Bellevue West coach Mike Huffman said. “He’s really helped close that gap. A month ago, they had other schools higher than Nebraska. I don’t know if that’s the case anymore. It’s because of him.”

Huffman has encouraged Hall and McMorris, also coveted by Missouri, Kansas State, Cockeye and others, to whittle their list to three schools and take official visits in June. He expects that Nebraska will make the group of finalists for both receivers.

Keep an eye on the 2026 class at Bellevue West. Coaches are inquiring. Huffman has got standout receivers in Jermaine Green and Kaprice Keith. Defensive back Araf Evans Jr. recently received offers from Texas A&M and Penn State. And quarterback Will Anderson, a transfer from Millard West, has a strong arm, the coach said.

• As for Kaelin, the 6-3, 200-pound Mizzou-committed QB, nothing has changed. Nebraska offered early. The new coaches in Lincoln thought highly of him, but they did not want to take a commitment while targeting Raiola.

If Raiola accepts the Georgia offer, might Kaelin reconsider and look at the Huskers?

“That’s completely a hypothetical, so it’s tough for me to cross that bridge,” Huffman said. “But I will tell you that Nebraska has always been a favorite for Daniel, and he was really bummed that it wasn’t going to work out.

“I can’t say yes, I can’t say no. There are some family ties to Missouri, because his dad lives down there. But at the same time, (Missouri) has got to keep winning. They’ve got to keep recruiting well.”

• Out west in Ainsworth, Neb., there’s four-star tight end Carter Nelson, the top prospect in the state this year. Nebraska coaches Foley and Wager have visited to see him.

Penn State tight ends coach Ty Howle and Georgia tight ends coach Todd Hartley made the long trip to see the eight-man football star, who registers at 6-4 and 215 pounds.

Auburn has been there. Alabama is sending a coach to the state track and field championships next week in Omaha, where Nelson will rate as a main attraction for his prowess in the high jump, discus, pole vault and on the track.

Coaches from Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Colorado are working to visit, too. All have offered.

“It’s been a very busy spring,” Ainsworth coach Jessi Owen said, “but not as busy as it could have been. He’s narrowing some things down.”

Look for Nelson to arrange official visits for June.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Excerpt from today's Mitch Sherman story in The Athletic

Recruiting progress inside the state of Nebraska often provides a bellwether for the Huskers’ success overall. What local players think of the program, other prospects learn after more exposure to the coaching staff.

Ten players in the state hold Power 5 offers. Nebraska has offered eight, including both who are committed elsewhere — Bellevue West QB Daniel Kaelin to Missouri and Papillion-LaVista tight end Eric Ingwerson.

Lineman Ashton Murphy of Elkhorn South is the lone in-state commit for the Huskers.

Nebraska has not offered Omaha Westside athlete Teddy Rezac, offered Friday by Notre Dame in a move that resonated around the Metro Conference.

Boston College previously offered. Missouri jumped in this week.

“I don’t know if it’s overdue or unexpected,” Westside coach Paul Limongi said. “I just know he’s a phenomenal player.”

Rezac’s twin brother, Anthony, quarterbacked the Warriors to a Class A state championship as a junior. Air Force, Army and Navy have offered him. More invitations are coming for both Rezacs, Limongi said.

Westside athlete Caleb Benning, offered by several Big Ten and Big 12 schools, including Nebraska, has also been popular with visiting coaches this spring. But he’s not in a rush to make a choice, according to Limongi.

Nebraska special teams coordinator Ed Foley is back on his statewide driving tour, but the Huskers had yet to visit Westside this month as of Monday night, Limongi said. The Warriors also feature linebacker Christian Jones, the No. 1-ranked prospect in Nebraska for the Class of 2025. He has offers aplenty, including one from Nebraska.

Jones’ physical condition has turned heads this offseason. At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, he’s run the 100 meters in 10.9 seconds and posted in excess of 50 feet in the shot put.

• Foley was at Bellevue West Monday to check on four-star wide receivers Dae’vonn Hall and Isaiah McMorris, the Nos. 2- and 3-rated prospects in Nebraska for 2024. They’ve drawn attention from the likes of USC, Oklahoma and Penn State.

But Nebraska is on the rise. Credit goes to first-year receivers coach Garret McGuire.

“They love him,” Bellevue West coach Mike Huffman said. “He’s really helped close that gap. A month ago, they had other schools higher than Nebraska. I don’t know if that’s the case anymore. It’s because of him.”

Huffman has encouraged Hall and McMorris, also coveted by Missouri, Kansas State, Cockeye and others, to whittle their list to three schools and take official visits in June. He expects that Nebraska will make the group of finalists for both receivers.

Keep an eye on the 2026 class at Bellevue West. Coaches are inquiring. Huffman has got standout receivers in Jermaine Green and Kaprice Keith. Defensive back Araf Evans Jr. recently received offers from Texas A&M and Penn State. And quarterback Will Anderson, a transfer from Millard West, has a strong arm, the coach said.

• As for Kaelin, the 6-3, 200-pound Mizzou-committed QB, nothing has changed. Nebraska offered early. The new coaches in Lincoln thought highly of him, but they did not want to take a commitment while targeting Raiola.

If Raiola accepts the Georgia offer, might Kaelin reconsider and look at the Huskers?

“That’s completely a hypothetical, so it’s tough for me to cross that bridge,” Huffman said. “But I will tell you that Nebraska has always been a favorite for Daniel, and he was really bummed that it wasn’t going to work out.

“I can’t say yes, I can’t say no. There are some family ties to Missouri, because his dad lives down there. But at the same time, (Missouri) has got to keep winning. They’ve got to keep recruiting well.”

• Out west in Ainsworth, Neb., there’s four-star tight end Carter Nelson, the top prospect in the state this year. Nebraska coaches Foley and Wager have visited to see him.

Penn State tight ends coach Ty Howle and Georgia tight ends coach Todd Hartley made the long trip to see the eight-man football star, who registers at 6-4 and 215 pounds.

Auburn has been there. Alabama is sending a coach to the state track and field championships next week in Omaha, where Nelson will rate as a main attraction for his prowess in the high jump, discus, pole vault and on the track.

Coaches from Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Colorado are working to visit, too. All have offered.

“It’s been a very busy spring,” Ainsworth coach Jessi Owen said, “but not as busy as it could have been. He’s narrowing some things down.”

Look for Nelson to arrange official visits for June.
All of the Bellevue West information here is interesting to say the least. The mood around the recruiting class and in-state guys would change quick if we were able to pull all three of them in comparison to where we were supposedly at about a month ago.

Side note: Is McMorris really 6'0" or does he look shorter than that? Are my eyes getting old, he doesn't look that tall. Maybe I'm way off here.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
All of the Bellevue West information here is interesting to say the least. The mood around the recruiting class and in-state guys would change quick if we were able to pull all three of them in comparison to where we were supposedly at about a month ago.
agreed - seems like a huge change. Our recruiting shows both persistence and patience. We don't quit.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds