Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Marcus Satterfield (1 Viewer)

GBR305

Linebacker
I don't know man.....I'm just very uneasy about this guy as our OC.

Two good games don't just magically erase all the other poor offensive showings. PJ Walker was good with him, but he had his best season under Glenn Thomas. Glenn Thomas was available to be hired & tbh if Rhule was going to grab an OC from his coaching tree, I would have much preferred Thomas over Satterfield. If the focus was on a smashmouth running game in conjunction with a vertical passing attack, there were plenty of other good OCs available to be hired as well.

I'm praying for the best for our boys but I'm a little antsy about this season.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know man.....I'm just very uneasy about this guy as our OC.

Two good games don't just magically erase all the other poor offensive showings. PJ Walker was good with him, but he had his best season under Glenn Thomas. Glenn Thomas was available to be hired & tbh if Rhule was going to grab an OC from his coaching tree, I would have much preferred Thomas over Satterfield. If the focus was on a smashmouth running game in conjunction with a vertical passing attack, there were plenty of other good OCs available to be hired as well.

I'm praying for the best for our boys but I'm a little antsy about this season.
I hear you but this is Rhule’s show. I don’t think he’s going to hesitate to drop the hammer if needed.

Last edited:

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even if you're right and let's say he's a C+ level OC....that's still not even in the top 10 of our biggest problems this year.

Our QB is unproven.
Starting RB is unproven (and been injured for 2 yrs)
WRs are bad.
TEs - one guy still not 100%, other won't play (waiver).
OL probably will rank 11-14 in the B1G.

I just LMAO at all of the "Satterfield might be the #1 problem" posts that are showing up. Even if the guy sucks, it still won't be the reason our offense sucks.

huskersoup

Linebacker
Elite Member
I really hope Satterfield learned from his mistake last year of having a college offense that was way too complicated. Late last year, South Carolina went from having 21 different personnel packages on offense and after not having any success at all, they dumbed it down to only 7 packages and that is when they had their massive upswing.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Thanks Juan
Why are we allowing Juan to shit post all over our beloved platinum board.
Go Away Leave GIF by Martin

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I hear you but this is Rhule’s show. I don’t think he’s going to hesitate to drop the hammer if needed.
Yeah I think if it isn't working Rhule will be quick to fire coaches.

I have been told Satterfield is a good OC from my contacts, but I need to see it because he was very meh hire in my eyes for the spot. Especially when you compare him to White and Foley.

There was also the rumor that Satterfield wasn't calling plays vs Clemson or Tennessee Now I don't think that is true given how much he is talking when I watched the Clemson game, but there could be some truth to Shane keeping the governor on the offense like @Ripping Lips said.

Cavalot

Defensive Lineman
Even if you're right and let's say he's a C+ level OC....that's still not even in the top 10 of our biggest problems this year.

Our QB is unproven.
Starting RB is unproven (and been injured for 2 yrs)
WRs are bad.
TEs - one guy still not 100%, other won't play (waiver).
OL probably will rank 11-14 in the B1G.

I just LMAO at all of the "Satterfield might be the #1 problem" posts that are showing up. Even if the guy sucks, it still won't be the reason our offense sucks.
you forgot to add that our D appears to be not very good.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm going to give him at least a quarter before I start foaming at the mouth about how shitty it is. But I understand that I'm one of our more patient posters
Yeah I'm a little worried about him too but even if we aren't good offensively this year I don't think that necessarily means he's bad. Every offensive group is at best a question mark.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds