Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Marcus Stokes (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
4-star QB our new DB coach Evan Cooper is following on Twitter, per Dean.

Apparently Stokes was a one time PSU commit, flipped to Florida, but UF pulled his offer due to some controversy over a video he posted to social media.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Reading his profile/stats, and given his "baggage", I hope we pass on him.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I remember the story. Thought it was really stupid he got his scholarship pulled. Was it a mistake? Sure. Was it a mistake that should change your life like that? Probably not
For a rap song it seemed a little extreme to pull the offer. If it had been something crazy like posting MAGA shit then I would understand.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
"Oh noes, he said nigga, how will our football program survive without 26 year old women's studies majors & the sandy vagina crew?"

LMAO nancies, take him if he can spin a ball, it's that simple.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I remember the story. Thought it was really stupid he got his scholarship pulled. Was it a mistake? Sure. Was it a mistake that should change your life like that? Probably not
A guy like Josh Allen did something similar. Kids make mistakes. Good thing most of us didn’t have social media back in the day.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The controversy was he recorded himself saying the N word while rapping along to a song in the car. Hes white

If we can give Morgan Wallen a second chance sign this young man up
Nobody deserves a second chance. Whatever you say in or out of context at 16 years old should get you blacklisted for life.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just looking at the kids high school stats, he had a lot of INT's and wasn't even a 55% passer his senior year. Stats don't pop out very positively.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds