Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just hours away from his first visit to Nebraska since he received an offer from the interim regime in November, three-star Fossil Ridge offensive lineman and Colorado’s top prospect Gage Ginther spoke with Husker247 about his contact with his Donovan Raiola, Keith Williams and others in recent months, what this weekend means to him and his connection with the Huskers’ top target.

In recent weeks, Donovan hasn’t been the only Raiola that Ginther has been in contact with, as the country’s no. 1 recruit and fellow visitor Dylan Raiola was able to get a hold of the Colorado lineman recently. While Nebraska isn’t the only program that the two are both considering, much of their conversations revolve around the upcoming visit to Lincoln and its importance.

“You know, it’s cool to talk to to the number one recruit, not to glaze him or anything,” Ginther said. “I’d love to protect a guy like that who can play at his level, and I know if he’s there, he’s gonna bring some pretty good players with him.”

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Just hours away from his first visit to Nebraska since he received an offer from the interim regime in November, three-star Fossil Ridge offensive lineman and Colorado’s top prospect Gage Ginther spoke with Husker247 about his contact with his Donovan Raiola, Keith Williams and others in recent months, what this weekend means to him and his connection with the Huskers’ top target.

In recent weeks, Donovan hasn’t been the only Raiola that Ginther has been in contact with, as the country’s no. 1 recruit and fellow visitor Dylan Raiola was able to get a hold of the Colorado lineman recently. While Nebraska isn’t the only program that the two are both considering, much of their conversations revolve around the upcoming visit to Lincoln and its importance.

“You know, it’s cool to talk to to the number one recruit, not to glaze him or anything,” Ginther said. “I’d love to protect a guy like that who can play at his level, and I know if he’s there, he’s gonna bring some pretty good players with him.”
Why would the number one recruit reach out to a Nebraska prospect if the number one recruit wasn’t planning on going to Nebraska?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
We sure sending him to watch baseball lose in embarrassing fashion in the right play?
Before the game they are retiring the jerseys of Darin Erstad, Shane Komine and Alex Gordon.

That would be pretty cool thing for them to see, I'd think, a trio of All-Americans at Nebraska, two of whom went on to all-star careers in the pros with a good chance of being recognized by the FB croots (well, at least Gordon. Erstad might be a little before their time).

Who knows if the football contingent will stay to the end of the game. Gonna get cold after a while. Maybe they will leave in the middle innings while we still have a lead.

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I saw an interview where he said he threw an 89 mph fastball as an 8th grader
I believe Dylan was a good baseball player until he gave it up for football only. I think he played his FR & So years in high school. Talented Catcher who could have potentially played in college and/or the pros

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

scrubs-happy.gif

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I believe Dylan was a good baseball player until he gave it up for football only. I think he played his FR & So years in high school. Talented Catcher who could have potentially played in college and/or the pros
his throwing time from home to second was better than some catchers in the MLB

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

4-star EDGE Jacob Smith, DL Jerod Smith break down Nebraska interest​

Joe Spears•about 3 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Joe Spears
joe_spears7
On3 image
Photo of Jacob Smith (left) and Jerod Smith by Chad Simmons | Tater Island
The last week has been a busy one for Cheshire (Conn.) Cheshire Academy four-star twin brothers Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith. On Tuesday the brothers visited Georgia before heading to Alabama on Wednesday and capping the trip with an overnight stay at Nebraska.
While the trips to Alabama and Georgia wasn’t their first time on either campus, the visit to Lincoln was a first for the brothers.
In January Jacob and Jerod announced their top schools and while they yet to visit Nebraska at that time, they both included the Cornhuskers in that list. Ultimately it came down to the interest the Cornhuskers new coaching staff was already showing in them.
“As soon as they got the new staff they reached out immediately,” Jerod said on an edition of Nebraska Football Recruit Spotlight with Steven Sipple and Sean Callahan. “They were real aggressive with us so I said I’d give them a shot. We’ve our relationship even more since they re-offered.
“They’re top 10 but you never know, they could be top 5.”

Jacob is the No. 214 overall prospect and No. 18 EDGE in the 2024 cycle, according to the Tater Island Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 3 player in Connecticut.
Jerod is the No. 264 overall prospect, the No. 26 defensive lineman and the No. 4 player in Connecticut for the 2024 cycle.
Following the visit to Nebraska, the brothers will return home before hitting the road again next week for visits to Notre Dame and Michigan. They said that they’d like to also visit Alabama and Kentucky before sitting down and figuring out where they’ll take their official visits.

Connection with DL coach Terrance Knighton key to the brothers​

One of the biggest connections the Smith’s have with the Nebraska’s coaching staff is with Cornhuskers new defensive line coach Terrance Knighton.
Following a nine-year playing career in the NFL, Knighton began his coaching career at Wagner in 2019 before joining Matt Rhule’s Carolina staff in 2021.
“The NFL experience shows what he’s doing and he knows what to teach you to get you to the next level,” Jacob said.
Like the twins, Knighton also played his high school days in Connecticut having grown up in Windsor.
“He has experience coaching in the league and in college so he’s been everywhere,” Jerod said. He’s also from Windsor Connect where we played football so that connection is there and he knows one our coaches at school too. He has the experience, the knowledge and knows a lot of people so it’s nothing but great things from him.”

Five-Star Plus+ QB Dylan Raiola visiting Nebraska​

Drew Schott•about 2 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Drew Schott
dschott328
Nebraska is hosting some of the top prospects in the country this weekend. Two of them are Phoenix (Ariz.) Pinnacle Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Dylan Raiola and St. Louis (Mo.) St. Louis University University four-star wide receiver Ryan Wingo.
Both players are priority targets for head coach Matt Rhule and his staff in their first offseason with the Cornhuskers. While on Nebraska’s campus, Raiola and Wingo caught up and took a photo in Nebraska uniforms.

Raiola is the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2024 cycle, according to the Tater Island Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. Meanwhile, Wingo is the No. 21 overall prospect, No. 5 wide receiver and No. 2 player in Missouri, per the Tater Island Industry Ranking.

Raiola and Wingo are both considering Nebraska​

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound signal-caller is arguably the Cornhuskers’ top target this cycle. He has family connections to Lincoln, as his father — Dominic Raiola — was an All-American at Nebraska and his uncle — Donovan Raiola — is the Cornhuskers’ offensive line coach.
While attending a Nebraska basketball game in February with his family, Raiola was recognized and given a standing ovation. He responding by throwing the bones, a tradition that recognizes Nebraska’s defense.
“Coach Rhule is always texting me that, ‘It only takes one,'” Raiola told Tater Island’s Chad Simmons on March 17. “If you win at a place like Nebraska, you get your statue built out there. Really envisioning myself trying to change a program is pretty special, having them think of me like that, to be a culture-changer. It’s a consistent message every time I talk to them.”

Raiola, who will be back in Lincoln for the Cornhuskers’ spring game on April 22, also spoke with Simmons about what he wants to see this weekend. Nebraska is considered one of his favorites, alongside USC, Georgia and Oregon.
“Definitely how they practice, how they compete, what the defense is looking like when you’re practicing against them, what kind of players you’re playing with, how the offense works, how they coach, how they communicate the plays and just seeing really how they operate,” Raiola said.
Meanwhile, Nebraska is Wingo’s latest recruiting visit. He saw Alabama on March 4, Missouri on March 11 and Georgia on March 18.
The Cornhuskers’ 2024 recruiting class currently contains one commit. Altair (Texas) Rice Consolidated four-star athlete Roger Gradney chose Nebraska on Feb. 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds