Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Luke gone information

Is there a parent of a student-athlete at Nebraska that would understand football better than Ed? We all know shitty football and coaching when we see it lol

What evidence do you have to support that Ed Mccaffrey suddenly sat bolt up right one day and decided Frost was in over his head and Ed was pulling Luke? Frost and his staff have been around the Mccaffrey’s for the last 3 years when you count recruiting. The idea that he came to this conclusion between the end of the season and now is absolutely RETARDED. Especially after his son was recruited to play QB and was given every single chance to win that spot and simply wasn’t good enough to do it. Why would any parent be upset that their son was used exactly how he was recruited to be used?
if Luke leaves it has everything to do with his desire to play QB. Which won’t be met here.

I think your a garbage post

tenor.gif

you’re*

Also could your JV staff teach a Center how to snap a ball plus after 3 seasons develop a Quarterback enough that he could complete a downfield pass more than 10 yards?

Our staff has been my concern with Frost & Co since Day 1. They are inexperienced at this level of competition, as is Scott as a Head Coach. And many times it shows. Frost had an Open Check Book given to him by Moos and he could have gone after just about any Asst he wanted. We are trying to be competitive with Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio St, Penn St, Cockeyes....... and would any of our current coaches even get a serious interview by any of those schools if they had an opening? If we wanna play Big Boy football and be competitive just in our league I feel it would help to upgrade our staff at quite a few positions.
I think they have some pretty good coaches on staff. What if Nebraska just promoted Duval to a full time job on the field coaching?

Wisconsin literally just did that this week. Their D line coach was the s&c guy until last week. Guy has zero on the field coaching experience. Jim Leonhard had no other coaching experience except at Wisky, their ILB coach was an o line guy by trade. He had never coached defense until 2017. Their QB coach is on his first on the field full time coaching job.

Ohio Sts safeties/st guy only power 5 coaching experience was at Maryland for 3 years. Brian Hartline had literally never coached until 2017. Ohio Sts QB coach is on his first job as a coach. Ohio St has some great coaches on staff with great experience but it’s not like their whole staff is former power 5 coordinators.

Penn St has a ton of experience on staff, all of that experience got them off to an 0-5 start this year.

You get my point. I can’t name most coaches on most staffs. Most of us can’t because it all falls on how good the head coach is. The head coach at Nebraska has to do a better job. He knows that. We know that. Everybody knows that.

What evidence do you have to support that Ed Mccaffrey suddenly sat bolt up right one day and decided Frost was in over his head and Ed was pulling Luke? Frost and his staff have been around the Mccaffrey’s for the last 3 years when you count recruiting. The idea that he came to this conclusion between the end of the season and now is absolutely RETARDED. Especially after his son was recruited to play QB and was given every single chance to win that spot and simply wasn’t good enough to do it. Why would Ang parent be upset that their son was used exactly how he was recruited to be used?
if Luke leaves it has everything to do with his desire to play QB. Which won’t be met here.

While I would tend to agree with the line of reasoning above. I award two points for the response below.

I think your a garbage post

tenor.gif

^This
I think out of all the bull shit that's happened under Frost this is the biggest sign that he's in over his head and not the best coach. Ed has been around football at the highest level his whole life and he's the head coach at a D1 school, he obviously has no faith in Frost and that's why he's getting his kid out of there.
Would have to argue the same holds true for Scott...

Parents were athletes and coaches. Scott played for and with some of the best football minds out there both in NFL and college...

I’m not a fan of our current product, but it isn’t like Scott played JV in high school and then lucked into the coaching world.

I don’t believe this to be true for a number of reasons FWIW.

And that’s before you even take into account the obvious recruiting violation of being suited by “multiple B1G schools” without even being in the portal.

I don’t think Luke would basically open himself up for business without going through the proper protocol.

I could see NW or Minnesota being very interested in Luke at QB possibly even Brohm (but likely Brohm would want him at WR)
I doubt any other Big10 schools would want him or have an open opportunity for him to step in soon.
Facts are a guy with 1 TD pass & 6 interceptions don’t scream “starting QB”. He had every opportunity to win the starting job here this year & he shit the bed. The Illinois debacle was on Luke.
I think the McCaffrey brothers over estimate their value as a QB. Luke needs to be on the field though. He might have been happier if we found a way to use him consistently rather than playing it safe in case of the next Martinez injury or meltdown. This season was meaningless anyway. We should have emptied the clip & put our best playmakers out there

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back