Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Luke gone information

I just don’t see him as a D1 qb. If he’s hell bent on being a qb and not willing to try something else, it’s best he leave.

Has Dylan found a spot?

"There's no way he will play QB anywhere in D1." Watch him go to Indiana and be the next great thing because he's actually being coached. Better yet, watch him go somewhere else as a WR/RB and tear it up, how are we going to spin that one? Oh he just wanted to go to a school that could better showcase his talent for the NFL 😂

4uq2o1.jpg

Was told Luke is 100% gone. Hes "Entertaining multiple B1G offers. Apparently Frost did NOT take it well on the phone call."

TIFWIW
After thinking about this more, I'm calling BS. The only part of this I believe is real is the part where Luke is 100% gone. Even if the rest of this information is coming directly from Luke, he's lying or is being misled. As of now his name is not in the portal, so there's no way any head coach is going to contact him directly. I believe he might think he has B1G offers to play QB, but I would be willing to bet those offers are really just to gain his commitment then tell him he's playing WR after he arrives. Not all coaches are as straight forward as Frost.

After thinking about this more, I'm calling BS. The only part of this I believe is real is the part where Luke is 100% gone. Even if the rest of this information is coming directly from Luke, he's lying or is being misled. As of now his name is not in the portal, so there's no way any head coach is going to contact him directly. I believe he might think he has B1G offers to play QB, but I would be willing to bet those offers are really just to gain his commitment then tell him he's playing WR after he arrives. Not all coaches are as straight forward as Frost.

Do we know 100% that Frost is straightforward though?

It was all of like two months ago when Frost stood up at the podium and said publicly and unequivocally that Luke was “the future” at QB. This was after his games against Penn State and Illinois. And now seemingly overnight he’s not only not the future at QB, but not a QB at all. I get that he’s not a great QB, but I feel like that’s not something you change your mind about overnight, and I can’t be convinced that he can’t be used in packages (including at QB) as a heavy feature in the offense.

It’s truly mind blowing that we’ve run off three of our most explosive and most targeted offensive weapons in six months in Spielman, “Wandle”, and Luke. One is a fluke, two is a coincidence, but three is just next level incompetence.

100% agree. That quote would certainly indicate you were planning on Luke being here, and didn't see this coming.

I was also told, similar to GoNdale's dad, papa Ed wasn't all that impressed with how Luke was being used. Something changed with the phone call...again. This stuff is mind blowing, it really is.

GoNdale's dad is one thing. Papa Ed is a D1 football coach. So, for me, it's a little easier to listen to a guy questioning usage that 1. gets paid to do it, 2. and played in the NFL. I thought against Ohio State we had a really effective plan for Luke.... we never saw it again.

Do we know 100% that Frost is straightforward though?
I believe he's more straight forward than some coaches. Whether those straight forward thoughts don't change over time is a different story. Like any failing business, the guy at the top has to start telling people different things to try righting the ship.

100% agree. That quote would certainly indicate you were planning on Luke being here, and didn't see this coming.

I was also told, similar to GoNdale's dad, papa Ed wasn't all that impressed with how Luke was being used. Something changed with the phone call...again. This stuff is mind blowing, it really is.

GoNdale's dad is one thing. Papa Ed is a D1 football coach. So, for me, it's a little easier to listen to a guy questioning usage that 1. gets paid to do it, 2. and played in the NFL. I thought against Ohio State we had a really effective plan for Luke.... we never saw it again.
I mean... we used Luke as a QB outside of Ohio State. So if Ed didn't like how he was being used then what was the issue with the proposed position change?

I’ve coached JV football. This staff would run circles around JV staffs fwiw
Also could your JV staff teach a Center how to snap a ball plus after 3 seasons develop a Quarterback enough that he could complete a downfield pass more than 10 yards?

Our staff has been my concern with Frost & Co since Day 1. They are inexperienced at this level of competition, as is Scott as a Head Coach. And many times it shows. Frost had an Open Check Book given to him by Moos and he could have gone after just about any Asst he wanted. We are trying to be competitive with Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio St, Penn St, Cockeye....... and would any of our current coaches even get a serious interview by any of those schools if they had an opening? If we wanna play Big Boy football and be competitive just in our league I feel it would help to upgrade our staff at quite a few positions.

^This
I think out of all the bull shit that's happened under Frost this is the biggest sign that he's in over his head and not the best coach. Ed has been around football at the highest level his whole life and he's the head coach at a D1 school, he obviously has no faith in Frost and that's why he's getting his kid out of there.

Ed has been around football at the highest level his whole life and he's the head coach at a D1 school, he obviously has no faith in Frost and that's why he's getting his kid out of there.

Not to discount his NFL experience, but he's got a grand total of three years of coaching experience, all but one year of which was at the high school level. Maybe not the best thing to bring up if you wanna say that Frost is under experienced as a coach, lol.

Not to discount his NFL experience, but he's got a grand total of three years of coaching experience, all but one year of which was at the high school level. Maybe not the best thing to bring up if you wanna say that Frost is under experienced as a coach, lol.
Is there a parent of a student-athlete at Nebraska that would understand football better than Ed? We all know shitty football and coaching when we see it lol

^This
I think out of all the bull shit that's happened under Frost this is the biggest sign that he's in over his head and not the best coach. Ed has been around football at the highest level his whole life and he's the head coach at a D1 school, he obviously has no faith in Frost and that's why he's getting his kid out of there.

This is pretty much a garbage post.

This is pretty much a garbage post.
I think your a garbage post

tenor.gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back