Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Las Vegas Aces offered $1M to beat a boys high school team (4 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
the Boys team would embarrass the WNBA Team. I've played pick up ball with female college hoopsters. Outside of being able to hit an open jumper from 15-20 ft they were absolute non factors when playing with guys. I felt like Wilt in the paint even with my gravity defying 11 inch vertical. Even though I struggle to jump over a Cumming County phone book I was able to dominate female post players, even the ones who were taller than me. Best they could do in the post was break out the occasional Old Man YMCA Move.

Last edited:

Huskers4420

Linebacker
Boys would have a lot of fun playing with the smaller ball. It's a lot easier to shoot and about everyone can dunk with it.

I helped practice against the women's team when I was at UNL. If we were actually trying in a full-on scrimmage, we would've won pretty handily. And I quit basketball in high school. Once you get used to playing with a women's ball, the ease of making it from anywhere is not considered enough in this scenario.

Not to say they suck or anything, but it's science. They can't run with guys.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
It proves that boys that play sports as girls have a distinct advantage. So really the opposite of that. It may be a tiresome topic but there's still people out there arguing about it.
This type of dorky hypothetical "WNBA vs. high school boys" stuff has been going on wayyyy longer than trans girls playing in girls sports was on anyone's mind. It's like Clay Travis is playing the oldies station of culture warrior crap. He's a dork.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
It proves that boys that play sports as girls have a distinct advantage. So really the opposite of that. It may be a tiresome topic but there's still people out there arguing about it.
This isn’t that. Don’t conflate the two.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I helped practice against the women's team when I was at UNL. If we were actually trying in a full-on scrimmage, we would've won pretty handily. And I quit basketball in high school. Once you get used to playing with a women's ball, the ease of making it from anywhere is not considered enough in this scenario.

Not to say they suck or anything, but it's science. They can't run with guys.
My nephew was a Walk On for the Arkansas Basketball team. He tried out as a Freshman and didn't get 1 of the 3 Walk On spots. So the men's coaches had him be a Student Manager for the women's team. Basically he was there to practice against the women, and as a 6-0 SG he dominated. The next season he made the Men's Team as a Walk On and during the rest of his illustrious career he totaled something like 10 minutes of playing time and 1 shot taken. The end of the bench player for the Men's Team was lighting up the Women's Team.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
j-mann-yay.gif

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
What's the joke? "Ha ha, I took a public shit on a group of women that just won a championship in an effort to get people to pay more attention to me on the internet"?
Lol it’s a message board that posts NSFW content and has people debating if a HS boys team would beat a WNBA team. If you can’t handle an off color joke go to a church group instead.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Lol it’s a message board that posts NSFW content and has people debating if a HS boys team would beat a WNBA team. If you can’t handle an off color joke go to a church group instead.
I don't care if it's posted here. Simply saying that Clay Travis is being a dick on a national platform, because he is a dick.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don't care if it's posted here. Simply saying that Clay Travis is being a dick on a national platform, because he is a dick.

Or maybe he's simply making his point that when these women's teams try to cry and say they should be paid equal to the men's teams (like Women's Soccer and WNBA players have), that it's a ridiculous argument, as the quality of play is significantly less, which is also why the viewership is significantly less.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
What's the joke? "Ha ha, I took a public shit on a group of women that just won a championship in an effort to get people to pay more attention to me on the internet"?
Your premise here is that more people watch the WNBA than Clay Travis? Okay...

Anyway, it's a free milly to the alleged professionals in an WNBA team for winning one game. Which, BTW, is as much as their league pays the lot of them for an entire year. People acting like this out-of-pocket offer is some kind of grave offense are kind of illustrating the whole point.

In no other scenario where a group of professionals were offered to double their annual earnings by beating a group of amateur adolescents would there be a moment's hesitation by the pros, but there's this whole "emperor's new clothes" narrative about the supposed elite nature of women's sports where we're supposed to give some hallowed deference to their skills, rather than acknowledge it as a fun outlet for a group of people who are on a lower athletic biological plane.

It's not any slam on women that they comparatively suck at basketball - that's not what they're designed for - the only people riled up about this are the ones whose cognitive dissonance it exposes.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Or maybe he's simply making his point that when these women's teams try to cry and say they should be paid equal to the men's teams (like Women's Soccer and WNBA players have), that it's a ridiculous argument, as the quality of play is significantly less, which is also why the viewership is significantly less.

"We're not asking to get paid what the men get paid," Plum told The Residency Pod.

"We're asking to get paid the same percentage of revenue shared. There is a big misunderstanding here. Let me be clear: I don't think I should make as much money as LeBron. But for example, in Mandalay Bay, they sell my jersey and I don't get a dime," she said.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

"We're not asking to get paid what the men get paid," Plum told The Residency Pod.

"We're asking to get paid the same percentage of revenue shared. There is a big misunderstanding here. Let me be clear: I don't think I should make as much money as LeBron. But for example, in Mandalay Bay, they sell my jersey and I don't get a dime," she said.

So you're going to pull one person's quote and say that's the jist of what they've been trying to claim? That's disingenuous and you know it. Her claims are bullshit anyway. With the amount of money that the NBA has to pump into the WNBA just to allow it to exist, it would be stupid for them to not try to recoup anything they could before any kind of disbursements.

The truth of the matter is, any women's professional sports league in the US would go bankrupt without being subsidized because it's an inferior product and therefore wouldn't warrant the viewership needed to make it solvent.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

That's slightly closer to sanity than the women's soccer team, but does she understand that her entire compensation package exists essentially as a charity? That her & the team suiting up and playing actually costs their sponsor the NBA money?

Then when the league does something to defray a small portion of that cost, she thinks she's entitled to take part of that money too. No conception in her mind that she is still a net money loser for them. Men get revenue sharing because there's profitability, simple as.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds