Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lack of Accountability Within the Program (2 Viewers)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
This morning I read something Dean posted in his weird defense of SF and it got me thinking.....

Think of all the things the program has done to get SF, but more so to keep SF in place...

- When he was hired administration basically gave him complete control. Hired Matt Davidson as associate AD for f*** sakes lol
- UNL extended SF in year 2 based on literally nothing. It was a life line because recruiting was starting to stall out.
- The OU scheduling change thing that was actually allowed to be discussed.
- Paying to add Fordham early to give SF a early runway to wins (the other way was scheduled by SF and Moos years ago before)
- Bill Moos started to disagree with SF and put some expectations down (7-8 wins)...so they canned SF BOSS!
- ESPN article a couple weeks ago "It's going to happen" - tell me someone from the university didn't contact ESPN to get that puff piece written.

I'm almost certainly missing a few things. Feel free to add them. As incredible and shocking as this would of been to hear 4 years ago, it turns out Scott Frost has actually been extremely unhealthy for the program. There has been zero accountability. SF loves the program, but he didn't have to be accountable to it. Pretty stunning the more I think about it. I never thought I'd see the day when Nebraska would put anyone above the program's success, but they did, ignoring some pretty obvious signs. It's just to obvious now and fan support for that guy has been lost.

Hopefully now the program can move forward. Accountability and expectations to Nebraska football needs to be restored. I think Turd will do that.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This morning I read something Dean posted in his weird defense of SF and it got me thinking.....

Think of all the things the program has done to get SF, but more so to keep SF in place...

- When he was hired administration basically gave him complete control. Hired Matt Davidson as associate AD for f*** sakes lol
- UNL extended SF in year 2 based on literally nothing. It was a life line because recruiting was starting to stall out.
- The OU scheduling change thing that was actually allowed to be discussed.
- Paying to add Fordham early to give SF a early runway to wins (the other way was scheduled by SF and Moos years ago before)
- Bill Moos started to disagree with SF and put some expectations down (7-8 wins)...so they canned SF BOSS!
- ESPN article a couple weeks ago "It's going to happen" - tell me someone from the university didn't contact ESPN to get that puff piece written.

I'm almost certainly missing a few things. Feel free to add them. As incredible and shocking as this would of been to hear 4 years ago, it turns out Scott Frost has actually been extremely unhealthy for the program. There has been zero accountability. SF loves the program, but he didn't have to be accountable to it. Pretty stunning the more I think about it. I never thought I'd see the day when Nebraska would put anyone above the program's success, but they did, ignoring some pretty obvious signs. It's just to obvious now and fan support for that guy has been lost.

Hopefully now the program can move forward. Accountability and expectations to Nebraska football needs to be restored. I think Turd will do that.
The one thing that would make it a no brainer to shit can Frosty was for it to be clear that the team has quit. My opinion is we saw a team that quit on their coaches yesterday. I expect three blowouts to end the season. And the thing is I can't blame any of the players (with one notable exception) for not being able to stay bought in. The defense has until recently played over their level of talent. Yesterday was a sad day for the defense no doubt about it. But when you do your job week after week at a high level and watch the offense fuck around and piss all over your efforts, well, these are human beings. At some point there will be resentment and division on the team.

Its a sad state of affairs but it has to be obvious that retaining Frost will only signal surrender by the administration and boosters.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The one thing that would make it a no brainer to shit can Frosty was for it to be clear that the team has quit. My opinion is we saw a team that quit on their coaches yesterday. I expect three blowouts to end the season. And the thing is I can't blame any of the players (with one notable exception) for not being able to stay bought in. The defense has until recently played over their level of talent. Yesterday was a sad day for the defense no doubt about it. But when you do your job week after week at a high level and watch the offense fuck around and piss all over your efforts, well, these are human beings. At some point there will be resentment and division on the team.

Its a sad state of affairs but it has to be obvious that retaining Frost will only signal surrender by the administration and boosters.
It’s time to fire Frost when your wins in year 4 are Fordham, Buffalo, and NW who is way down. It’s pretty comical.

doublewing

Running Back
Does it really matter anymore. Apathy has set in, I could go on a long tangent about how Frost has screwed up but we all know where this is going and how it's going to end.
Agreed. All that matters is 15-26. IDGAF about who he's shagging or what else he fvcked up. The results on the field warrant his dismissal today.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost is done. You can’t do what he’s done and be retained.

There is no sane rationale to keep him employed at this point.
The Wild Card is Tom Osborne and his Boosters. TO has been meddling in the Athletic Department decisions for far too long. He was a terrible AD and has just caused problems not letting other AD's do their job because of his loyalty to his hires and former players. The only life line I can see for Frost is if TO & his money guys put th pressure on Turd. Hopefully Turd has the stones and support to stand up to TO's BS.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Wild Card is Tom Osborne and his Boosters. TO has been meddling in the Athletic Department decisions for far too long. He was a terrible AD and has just caused problems not letting other AD's do their job because of his loyalty to his hires and former players. The only life line I can see for Frost is if TO & his money guys put th pressure on Turd. Hopefully Turd has the stones and support to stand up to TO's BS.
Definitely, I just have no idea how anyone could argue keeping Frost other than just saying he needs more time.

Last edited:

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

This is very true. I sit behind the Husker bench on the east side of the stadium. The body language, the energy, everything...it was like they were at a funeral in the 4th quarter. They look like a group of guys ready for the season to end. That's when games get ugly and out of hand.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is very true. I sit behind the Husker bench on the east side of the stadium. The body language, the energy, everything...it was like they were at a funeral in the 4th quarter. They look like a group of guys ready for the season to end. That's when games get ugly and out of hand.
I'm frantically trying to reach my bookie to settle up so I can immediately put $500 on that tOSU -16. Turn my gambling year around in one pop.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Just more mind numbingly bizarre stuff with this era. The Frost UCF squads were known for going nuts on the sidelines, over the top antics like basketball bench players. I remember being giddy about the idea of our sideline becoming that kind of madhouse and the old people in the stands having a heart attack over seeing that kind of fun in Memorial Stadium. Instead we got Frost's evil (boring? clueless?) twin.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Just more mind numbingly bizarre stuff with this era. The Frost UCF squads were known for going nuts on the sidelines, over the top antics like basketball bench players. I remember being giddy about the idea of our sideline becoming that kind of madhouse and the old people in the stands having a heart attack over seeing that kind of fun in Memorial Stadium. Instead we got Frost's evil (boring? clueless?) twin.
Winning does that to your sideline.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Winning does that to your sideline.
For sure, there were some signs of stuff like that maybe happening in year 1 that obviously couldn't take hold. Just seems like that spirit was crushed immediately. Maybe I'll just blame that god damn lightning storm against Akron.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds