Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Best Golf Courses Within 3 Hours of Lincoln (1 Viewer)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Planning a bachelor party. Some of the guys can't travel very far, new kids and all that. What are some of the best public courses relatively near by? Was looking at the Tournament Club in Des Moines, or Shoal Creek & WinterStone in KC. Wanted to do the Prairie Club but that's out.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Wild Horse in Gothenburg is the best golf course.

You could play Lake Maloney while you’re there too. Fun ground.

Edit: Prairie Dunes in Hutchinson,KS would be a home run, and they do allow outside play I believe. Top 25 course in the US. I’d try them first.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wild Horse in Gothenburg is the best golf course.

You could play Lake Maloney while you’re there too. Fun ground.

Edit: Prairie Dunes in Hutchinson,KS would be a home run, and they do allow outside play I believe. Top 25 course in the US. I’d try them first.

This. Wild Horse is by far the best course. It's basically a budget version of Sand Hills. You cannot go wrong. Some of the best greens I have ever played.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Quarry Oaks is a lot of fun. Anyone else hear the rumor they’re going to be closed this year?
I did hear they were going to be closed for a bit, but I am not sure when or for how long.

I think they are planning some major renovations. I think it needs it. Quarry is a pretty course, but I hate that every fairway runs away into the hazards.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds